Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ship Ahoy (resized).jpg
IMG_2279_(resized).JPG
IMG_2278_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Update...

I found this topic recently while planning a short trip to Taos. Not having much extra time though I wasn't sure what I might be able to do to help. When I got to town and had a few free minutes I found the gallery, peered in the window and saw the game which still has the same Out of Order sign on the playfield glass. Although the gallery was closed I saw someone inside so I tapped on the window. I spoke briefly with the owner, asking if the game was still out of order, trying to explain this Pinside topic and offering to help if we could find some time.
Ship Ahoy (resized).jpgShip Ahoy (resized).jpg
The next day we spent a couple of hours cleaning, troubleshooting and chatting. It turns out that the game has some family history and sentimental value and the owner was very grateful to have someone willing to work on it. I managed to get it to reset and play through a game. There are still a few issues though so more work and a lot more cleaning will be in order before it'll really shine. The good news is that it looks complete and should be playable again with a little more time and elbow grease. Maybe on the next visit.

/Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-needed-in-taos-nm?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.