Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by westofrome
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ship Ahoy (resized).jpg
IMG_2279_(resized).JPG
IMG_2278_(resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

On vacation in Taos I happened upon a Gottlieb Ship Ahoy in an art gallery (http://ennuigallery.com/). Most likely the only machine on location in the greater Taos area (and possibly Santa Fe and beyond). Unfortunately, it was down. The person working had no idea what was wrong, but there was a note on the machine seeking a repairperson.

Anyone in the area who could help?

IMG_2278_(resized).JPG

IMG_2279_(resized).JPG

3 years later
#2 1 year ago

Update...

I found this topic recently while planning a short trip to Taos. Not having much extra time though I wasn't sure what I might be able to do to help. When I got to town and had a few free minutes I found the gallery, peered in the window and saw the game which still has the same Out of Order sign on the playfield glass. Although the gallery was closed I saw someone inside so I tapped on the window. I spoke briefly with the owner, asking if the game was still out of order, trying to explain this Pinside topic and offering to help if we could find some time.
Ship Ahoy (resized).jpg
The next day we spent a couple of hours cleaning, troubleshooting and chatting. It turns out that the game has some family history and sentimental value and the owner was very grateful to have someone willing to work on it. I managed to get it to reset and play through a game. There are still a few issues though so more work and a lot more cleaning will be in order before it'll really shine. The good news is that it looks complete and should be playable again with a little more time and elbow grease. Maybe on the next visit.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Amazing, three years later! Thanks for following up, Mark.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
650 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 30.00
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 137.00
$ 8.99
Electronics
Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
$ 26.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside