• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DropTarget
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi,

I have a Williams Space Shuttle machine that is in need of repair. Is there anyone in Hawaii (or coming to Hawaii) who might be able to help? Happy to pay (but not for a plane ticket, sadly)!

Thanks,

Kim

#2 5 years ago

Can you detail what’s wrong? Maybe we can help walk you through it.

Marc

#3 5 years ago

I have customers in Honolulu that have a tech. Let me know and I'll try to put you together

#4 5 years ago

What’s wrong exactly? Are you uncomfortable doing your own repairs?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Can you detail what’s wrong? Maybe we can help walk you through it.
Marc

Well, I managed to fix one problem by reading TFM. The remaining problem is that the player three score display doesn't work. I tried the display test, and the other score displays worked just fine, but nothing for player three.

Also, while trying to figure all this out, I tried to lift up the playfield (as shown here:

). It did not go well, and I think a hinge/support at the left rear of the playfield is broken. The game plays fine, but I'd like to get that fixed so that I can do any future repairs.

Any advice would be welcome!

Kim

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from kbinsted:

I think a hinge/support at the left rear of the playfield is broken.

http://www.videoengine.com/pins/tz/tzpix/pix12.htm

Marco Specialties has parts.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

I'm coming to the Big Island Captain Cook in a month but it looks like you're on Oahu

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from kbinsted:

Well, I managed to fix one problem by reading TFM. The remaining problem is that the player three score display doesn't work. I tried the display test, and the other score displays worked just fine, but nothing for player three.
Also, while trying to figure all this out, I tried to lift up the playfield (as shown here: ). It did not go well, and I think a hinge/support at the left rear of the playfield is broken. The game plays fine, but I'd like to get that fixed so that I can do any future repairs.
Any advice would be welcome!
Kim

Move the player three display to a working display connector - does the problem follow the display or the connector. Try to isolate the issue.

#9 5 years ago

@timab2000 Yes, I'm on Oahu. So close!

#10 5 years ago

I don’t have my Space Shuttle on legs at the moment but I don’t believe the playfield hinges operate in the same way as on that video. WPC games as shown do let you pull the playfield forward like that. You have a much earlier System 9 game. I believe they only have a single pivot point/plane back there so lift by the apron and it will pivot towards the backbox. You can use the prop rod to support or gently guide it against the backbox.

I like to respond to Pinball repair needed ads when I’m on Oahu. Haven’t really been taken up on the offer yet, though. Sadly, we just got back from a Caribbean vacation so no Oahu for us this year.

1 month later
#11 5 years ago

I'm in Honolulu today, but am leaving tomorrow. I don't have tools, but what it sounds like is that you'll need to order a display and a hinge.

Where are you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-in-hawaii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.