• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by ShineSpark
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 63 days ago

Hi there,

I have a LOTR LE whose left flipper (factory original) just went dead during a multiball. Just prior it was making a lot of noise while engaged.

Having looked around online it appears that a transistor could be the culprit however I am newish to the repair aspect of the hobby and am finding myself out of my depth with this one. I've done an LED outfit and installed an OCD board, I've swapped out the palantir for a mod, these sorts of things I'm OK with but anything involving soldering or a flipper rebuild I confess I'm not there yet.

I've reached out to a couple of the repair people closeby and they're either backed up or not answering emails. Anyone have any suggestions as to who I could ask?

Thank you very much, everyone, it's a shame to have this beauty just sitting here.

#2 63 days ago

Did you try Shane at MAPLE on FB?

#3 63 days ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi there,
I have a LOTR LE whose left flipper (factory original) just went dead during a multiball. Just prior it was making a lot of noise while engaged.
Having looked around online it appears that a transistor could be the culprit however I am newish to the repair aspect of the hobby and am finding myself out of my depth with this one. I've done an LED outfit and installed an OCD board, I've swapped out the palantir for a mod, these sorts of things I'm OK with but anything involving soldering or a flipper rebuild I confess I'm not there yet.
I've reached out to a couple of the repair people closeby and they're either backed up or not answering emails. Anyone have any suggestions as to who I could ask?
Thank you very much, everyone, it's a shame to have this beauty just sitting here.

Are you sure its not a mechanical issue? versus electronics

#4 62 days ago
Quoted from guard:

Did you try Shane at MAPLE on FB?

Thank you for the suggestion, Shane seems to be in a substantial backlog right now. We've have good correspondence but he intimated it would be a while and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since, poked a week ago or so.

#5 62 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Are you sure its not a mechanical issue? versus electronics

Absolutely could be mechanical, not electronic, but sadly I'm not sure either way. Could be a blown transistor or it could be that I need a new flipper rebuild. Either way, sadly those are both currently outside of my ability level to even diagnose.

Coil test has the flipper not firing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside