New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276203)

Repair help (Bally fireball home edition won't boot)

By ScottD

52 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 52 days ago

I own a home addition bally fireball. I can plug it in and it turns on but when I hit the start button nothing happens. Anybody have any ideas what it might be. I've tried to have someone fix but nobody around me says they work on the home addition machines. Thank you in advance for any help.

#2 52 days ago

Not much out there. Pinwiki might help if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Home_Model_Pinballs

LTG : )

#3 47 days ago

Please avoid using generic post titles like 'need help'. you will have better responses if your thread title is something more specific like 'Home Fireball will not boot' Also, post this in the early SS forum as this is not a generic question but specific to a particular game.

Now to your problem, is the game actually booting up to a ready to start condition or is it just lighting up? Big difference. Most games will light up if the fuse is good as the GI lights are connected directly to the transformer. Booting up implies the computer is running and the switched lights and score are blinking.

For these games not booting you need to start with the power supply. If you haven't obtained the service manual you should. Start with power as it is the root cause of most no boot issues.

#4 47 days ago

Did it ever work since you got it?
Check the reset circuit breakers on the backside of the machine.

#5 47 days ago

IPDB does have a couple of "test procedures" for this game https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4116

it could rule out if only the start button isn't working or something

mine had some corrosion on the connectors down on the power supply and a couple bad components .... I did find a tech that reluctantly worked on it but only 'cause I had some hard copies of documentation the shop price was the same as any commercial pinball machine. and I was pleased with the work that they did.

#6 47 days ago

Service manuals and schematics are at pinwiki.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.50
$ 32.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 58.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 27.50
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 109.99
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside