Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JoeGrenuk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just got home with Flight 2000. Played fine prior to transport. I get it home and get it all plugged in and now there are major issues. It started up and plays, but the drop targets and randomly raising and lowering on their own. The display is also showing random numbers that dont make any sense. Any ideas?

#3 8 years ago

Connectors in wrong spot(s)?

#4 8 years ago

Did you have to behead the game for transport? Unplug all the cables?

I think it's normal for that game to reset the target banks and drop some of the targets. I also seem to remember that game having display features where it displays seemingly random numbers.

Hop on youtube and see if there's game footage out there to compare yours to. It might be working properly.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Well I found one cracked solder joint. I havent had time to look at what it goes to, but it could very well be causing the display issue. As far as the drop targets, it should be an easy fix. 2 or 3 arent catching when it gets raised and the same ones drop at the slightest vibration. Even the flipper solenoid kicking causes them to fall. So im going to take the drop target assembly apart and clean it as well as put in new springs. Everything else seems to be fine. Other than the playfield totally worn to hell.

#6 8 years ago

Before you go crazy, check to see the orientation of the drop target assembly relative to the slot in the playfield. The assembly might be too far "forward in the slot...towards the ball...so that they are prevented by the playfield slot from moving forward enough to be able to securely rest on the top of the assembly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.