Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by willbeEM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2197 (resized).JPG
IMG_2202 (resized).JPG
IMG_2201 (resized).JPG
IMG_2200 (resized).JPG
IMG_2198 (resized).JPG
IMG_2199 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I got overexcited on a cheap craigslist find. It's a 1966 Williams 8 Ball. I don't really care for the tiny flipper games. I got reeled in with a vague ad hoping it could be something special, and it was a rusty, missing parts, painted cab EM. I do enjoy bringing an EM back to life every so often so this will be a challenge for fun and experience. I'm likely going to lose my shirt when I sell this one. The cab art is pretty generic, and not fantastic. Mine is painted orange. I will try some paint remover first, if it's easy I will try to bring the old paint back. I did this on a Target Alpha head once (great artwork!) and it was very time consuming to remove paint, trace the artwork that was left, make a stencil, etc. I'm more leaning toward making a stencil that is kinda close to what I can see in the pics freehand. It would look brand new, but not 100% accurate. Where this is a low dollar game, would anyone care? I'd even consider some improved artwork if anyone had suggestions.

#2 2 years ago

Why not make stencils that restore it to original? The artwork is basic, my Dad hand cut stencils for a Mata Hari(before they were available) and it turned out great.

#3 2 years ago

it is basic artwork on a pretty cool cabinet. I would free hand the stencils if I were you. use a good straightedge and a template for your circles and it will come out great.

4 months later
#4 2 years ago

Use this paint remover, Motsenbocker's Lift off and a plastic scraper, it is awesome.

In the pictures is a 1953 Quintette that had three coat of paint on it, builders beige, dark grey and light grey. Really old stuff
I did the side of the box this morning in an hour and a half from first application of remover to final scrape.
The coin box shows the remover left on to soak for about 40 mins, one pass with the scraper.

The paint underneath is toasted but I have enough left to make a template. My plan going foreword is to copy the design using tracing paper and then spray gluing the traced image to the bristol board and then cutting out the stencil.

I cut some some samples of the original paint form under the leg mounts and had them paint matched at home depot and got some 2 dollar samplers made up. I have one of them old latex sprayers and will try that to apply the paint.

IMG_2199 (resized).JPG

IMG_2198 (resized).JPG

IMG_2200 (resized).JPG

IMG_2201 (resized).JPG

IMG_2202 (resized).JPG

IMG_2197 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 265.00
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 74.00
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,000.00
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside