Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DocFinlay
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Rental Contract 2.pdf (PDF preview)
    90145940_10158254408321926_4051858824057847808_n (resized).jpg
    DE73BFF8-C1D7-42FD-85D0-EBFC2C89D942.jpeg
    89722048_495326617828905_5828234001780834304_o (resized).jpg
    IMG_0166.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 4 years ago

BTW here's a contract I wrote up if anyone wants to use it as a template or directly copy it. Feel free to modify it and use it as you see fit. You would just need to replace my company name with yours. This is the contract referenced here earlier. I've never written up a contract before, so my top priority was protecting my business and my assets, especially as a small business owner.(1 location, 6 games). I have mentioned to any interested parties that if I have the supplies and can fix the part it will happen for free.(Or if it's something minor and cheap, it would be no problem for me either, coil stop/rubber etc.) But if something major goes out, it could potentially cost me money to be renting this game to somebody. Which to me is just currently not worth the risk/work/money. The car reference seems to come up as a comparison to this, which is not a good comparative argument imo. Car rental companies are huge corporations with a lot of money and can afford potential losses. You also have to pay extra for the complete coverage. I know a guy who rented a car from I believe hertz last year and got a flat tire, he did not have the extra coverage so had to pay for that flat tire at like $350 or something. This is an example of something that can just happen from "regular use". If an airball breaks a plastic on deadpool, do I have to buy that $180 set off Marco? Maybe stern would hook me up, or maybe they would sell the singled out part. Not sure until that bridge is crossed, so this contract is there to protect me and my business from any "unknowns" that I could or could not think of. If I was renting these out as a primary business, it would absolutely make sense to charge an insurance, which would go into that disaster fund should a major issue arise(hell it might even make sense to slap that on anyway and take the extra profit? Nah, not my style). My rates are a $50 set up fee, followed by a daily rate of $5 for games that are typically $.50/-$1/3 on location and $10 daily rate for games that are $1/-$2/3. Also rental cars do have mileage limits on them. Typically these games are on a pay to play basis, so the mileage is essentially paid for with location prices from regular wear and tear. For comparison I currently have a Deadpool rented out, and the guy put 300 plays on it in 6 days, which comes out to $.20 a play, yeah he's working from home (At least it meant I got to go on essential business travel to give him a freshly cleaned and waxed game, fix the katana lock that was malfunctioning, and replace the right flipper button which was getting stuck in occasionally, and of course test play it and throw my largest score to date on it to boot. 2.4bil *toot*). All those repairs/maintenance were at no charge of course, though he does live fairly close to me. There are many other factors to take in account for anyone doing this seriously, and Ryan Wanger seems to have covered nearly if not all of them. Mileage to locations could be a big factor on set up fee scaling, collecting a deposit or pre-payment for a set amount of days would also be a good idea. For me this is just a side gig, for my side gig, until my side gig is back to being my side gig, instead of currently my main gig... lol.

Just throwing all this info out there to help the community/scene with different opinions and perspectives. What works for some people will not work for all. I do agree from a renters perspective that the wording of my contract is scary, I had planned on posting this contract on here sooner for some "peer review", and also for anyone to use should they need/want. From an operators perspective, renting to a stranger whom you know nothing about is also scary. This virus is changing a lot of things, and perhaps it is opening up the home renters market? Who knows, maybe this is a new "route" for some people. It's not a market for me at the moment, I love location play, leaderboard battles, tournaments, leagues, and am still on the horse of getting more games into the public eye for more exposure and growth of the hobby.

Good luck to all you operators out there during these times. We shall survive!

note: there are 2 pages to the contract, the display only shows page 1.

Pinball Rental Contract 2.pdfPinball Rental Contract 2.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rental?tu=KingHebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.