Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by PinHog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sub-forum.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 12 years ago

I agree it's a bit ambiguous. It's purpose is to discuss site improvements. How about "Site Improvements"?

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

PinHog said:Life's too short, I'll just join the crowd.
    Everything here is fantastic. Hallelujah !
    Why are you acting like that? Like I said, your critique is more than welcome but please be constructive. I'm happy to implement changes and spar on ideas with everyone but what you were suggesting is not realistic.

You and the Mods have been patient and straightforward in your responses and the history of this site is that user feedback is always solicited and considered. Sometimes that is still not enough for some people.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

robin said:Jdawg4422 said:
    Also a MAC can run IE without a problem has been able to for years now.
    Just wondering, are you referring to running IE in a VM (as described here) or am I missing some cool new Mac version of IE?
    I am referring to a dual boot system that boots both windows or mac os depending on what you pick at startup. Most people with macs run them that way so they can do anything a windows system can do and more.
    again i agree IE is a horrible browser and should not be used, but unfortunately that is what most people are given and thats what they use because it is easy. Also i agree microsoft has a horrible attitude by not updating there software and just want everyone to upgrade to a newer system even if they are completely happy with the current one they have.
    Jason

We have both configurations. We have systems using bootcamp and a little program called bootpicker, which displays a GUI menu at startup to make it easy for end-users. We also run windows in VMs. I prefer the VMs because I can run XP, Vista, and 7 at the same time for testing purposes. The concept of VMs can be confusing to some end users.

As for MS, I don't think their attitude is horrible at all. XP is now an ELEVEN year-old Operating System and they're still supporting it with security patches.

Compare that to, say, Panther, released in 2003. The latest version of Firefox won't run on anything older than Leopard (2008). The latest version of Safari won't run on anything older than Snow Leopard (2010).

Apple users get far more "upgrade pressure" in my experience both using the systems and having to sign yet another Purchase Order for one of my users complaining that the latest version of their software requires them to upgrade yet again.

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

Most people don't say anything. Most of those that do say something, stick to Hallelujah. Those groups are growing, too - the price for not being in them is just too high.

You have no basis for this overly negative conclusion.

Your own suggestion to rename pinside talk, which you started a thread about, was met by several others with agreement, and a change was made.

In the below-linked thread there are plenty of people willing to speak up and discuss regarding an online indicator. Who's "singing hallelujah" in that thread?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-add-to-pinside

When your suggestions don't win approval, either from the site owner or others, you then start accusing them of being sheep and/or being mean, and/or not willing to give your suggestions due consideration. The problem is not this site, or the people who run it, or the people other than yourself who populate it, or a lack of due consideration.

#56 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

jonnyo said:When your suggestions don't win approval, either from the site owner or others, you then start accusing them of being sheep and/or being mean, and/or not willing to give your suggestions due consideration.

The problem is not that I didn't get approval for one suggestion, the problem is that the suggestion is deemed not constructive. That's pretty strong feedback, and a warning to be very careful with what you suggest around here.

That suggestion wasn't constructive because it wasn't realistic. Another poster already explained why. If you suggest things that aren't realistic, but more importantly, get butthurt when people disagree in response, yes, you should be much more careful in the future.

Quoted from PinHog:

jonnyo said:Who's "singing hallelujah" in that thread?

Pretty much everybody.

Seriously? People mutually agreeing over a relatively benign feature request and that's evidence of the herd mentality to you?

I am going to do my best to just ignore your posts in the future. You've "cried wolf" one too many times for my tastes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rename-pinside-talk?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.