By PinHog

5 years ago

Stats

• 59 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinHog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sub-forum.jpg

There are 59 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Looks like Robertmee types faster than me. Lol

#52 5 years ago

I wasn't talking about you, robertmee. You made a case against the suggestion and I don't have a problem with that.

Quoted from the_pin_family:

I do think it's funny Robin agreed to make every change suggested except for throwing his site in the trash and he's accused of not taking constructive criticism well.

Nobody has suggested throwing anything in the trash. That's what you and a few others choose to read into what was suggested for consideration. I pointed out that one possibility to deal with a concrete problem robin said he has would be to consider software made by others. As you, he and several others don't want to seriously think through that suggestion (or did but didn't like it), it was deemed not constructive. This makes it very hard to keep throwing in suggestions, because you never know what the reaction is going to be until it's too late.

Wouldn't it be more constructive if any suggestion was allowed, without the usual suspects chiming in to praise the status quo ?

Quoted from the_pin_family:

Lmao. Maybe some people should stick to Hallelujah.

Most people don't say anything. Most of those that do say something, stick to Hallelujah. Those groups are growing, too - the price for not being in them is just too high.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

Most people don't say anything. Most of those that do say something, stick to Hallelujah. Those groups are growing, too - the price for not being in them is just too high.

You have no basis for this overly negative conclusion.

Your own suggestion to rename pinside talk, which you started a thread about, was met by several others with agreement, and a change was made.

In the below-linked thread there are plenty of people willing to speak up and discuss regarding an online indicator. Who's "singing hallelujah" in that thread?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-add-to-pinside

When your suggestions don't win approval, either from the site owner or others, you then start accusing them of being sheep and/or being mean, and/or not willing to give your suggestions due consideration. The problem is not this site, or the people who run it, or the people other than yourself who populate it, or a lack of due consideration.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

When your suggestions don't win approval, either from the site owner or others, you then start accusing them of being sheep and/or being mean, and/or not willing to give your suggestions due consideration.

The problem is not that I didn't get approval for one suggestion, the problem is that the suggestion is deemed not constructive. That's pretty strong feedback, and a warning to be very careful with what you suggest around here.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Who's "singing hallelujah" in that thread?

Pretty much everybody.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

and a warning to be very careful with what you suggest around here.

Oh settle down Sheldon.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

jonnyo said:When your suggestions don't win approval, either from the site owner or others, you then start accusing them of being sheep and/or being mean, and/or not willing to give your suggestions due consideration.

The problem is not that I didn't get approval for one suggestion, the problem is that the suggestion is deemed not constructive. That's pretty strong feedback, and a warning to be very careful with what you suggest around here.

That suggestion wasn't constructive because it wasn't realistic. Another poster already explained why. If you suggest things that aren't realistic, but more importantly, get butthurt when people disagree in response, yes, you should be much more careful in the future.

Quoted from PinHog:

jonnyo said:Who's "singing hallelujah" in that thread?

Pretty much everybody.

Seriously? People mutually agreeing over a relatively benign feature request and that's evidence of the herd mentality to you?

I am going to do my best to just ignore your posts in the future. You've "cried wolf" one too many times for my tastes.

#57 5 years ago

I was going to reply but it's not worth the effort. Back to pinball:)

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinHog:

As you, he and several others don't want to seriously think through that suggestion (or did but didn't like it), it was deemed not constructive.

Sorry for calling your idea "not constructive". Let me put it another way: I think it's not a good idea. But thanks for the suggestion! Keep the good ideas coming, I did rename "Pinside Talk" so your posting was not all in vein!

Quoted from jonnyo:

As for MS, I don't think their attitude is horrible at all. XP is now an ELEVEN year-old Operating System and they're still supporting it with security patches.

Compare that to, say, Panther, released in 2003. The latest version of Firefox won't run on anything older than Leopard (2008). The latest version of Safari won't run on anything older than Snow Leopard (2010).

You are right, I sometimes get a bit blinded by my Apple-thusiasm (and my MS disliking), but what you point out is true. I stand corrected!

I found this fantastic post: http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/04/internet-explorer-for-mac-ie7-ie8-ie-9-free/ and am now running IE6, 7, 8 and 9 in a VirtualBox - Expect the Pinside to be much more IE-compatible in the future!

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry for calling your idea "not constructive". Let me put it another way: I think it's not a good idea. But thanks for the suggestion! Keep the good ideas coming

Thank you, robin. I appreciate that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    $ 6.35
    Cabinet - Decals
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 53.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 989.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 87.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    There are 59 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,115 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside