You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2665.jpg
IMG_2666.jpg
IMG_2667.jpg
Aurora-20140306-00347.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chynnalou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

this one is cake. Simply remove the 330 ohm warming resistors from all of the individual boards. These can stay off the game even if you put incandescents back into the game. Williams got rid of the warming resistors starting with Big Guns yet they didn't change anything else in the circuits. They moved all the resistors to 1 board and then a couple games later they put them all on the interconnect board.
The trickier problem is when putting flashlamps into games that had the Aux power driver board (again starting with Big Guns ). On those games if you put LED flashlamps into circuits #3, 4, 6 or 7, those flashlamps will go off anytime you hit the flippers or any other 50 V coils. On those circuits you would need to cut diodes 3,4,6 and 7 off the aux driver board and then install diodes on coils #3,4, 6 and 7.

This is happening on my high speed, can someone provide more info on diodes #3,4,6 and 7 on the aux driver board and coils?

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

High Speed doesn't have an Aux driver board so you don't need to cut diodes and add diodes. You just need to removing the warming resistors
It has little boards with 2 power resistors soldered to them. The 10 ohm resistor is needed to achieve the correct voltage. The 330 ohm "warming" resistor is the one that is bleeding the current through. Cut those from the boards (test it out with 1 before cutting the rest). I believe HS has all 6 volt bulbs in it (#63) Did you buy 6V flash bulbs or do you have 12V bulbs? I usually rearrange the flashlamp circuits and change the sockets from being wired in series (6V) to being wired in Parallel (12V) and then you can use the standard 12V bulbs.

That's why I couldn't find aux driver board. I already unsoldered ground wires from resister boards, keeping grounds connected where there are two. Flashers still blink when flippers are hit. LED flashers are 12v.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Which flasher's? All of them? Don't think I've seen this (other than on CFTBL which I've never had the time to figure out)
On the boards with Aux driver boards it's leaking voltage from the 50V to 25V circuits which cause it. On High speed there are NO computer controlled 50V coils for the voltage to bleed from. There are 50V coils in the game but they are turned on by the computer controlled 25V relays.

All flashers.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You can try replacing the diodes on the flipper coils.

Replace with what? Brand new(same as original) or different diodes?

1 week later
#91 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If you get some 1n4007 diodes you can you them on the coils, lamps and switches. You can use them anywhere a 1n400x diode is used.

Ok, Thanks. I will order some and post results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chynnalou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-warming-resistors?tu=chynnalou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.