IMAG0476.jpg
jp_motor2.jpg
jp_motor.jpg
DSC04673.jpg
DSC04670.jpg
DSC04665.JPG
no_spring.jpg
DSC04664.JPG

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I want to take off the T-Rex from my JP so I can properly clean the playfield. What's the proper method for removing the T-Rex ? I noticed the Dino Collar part no. 515-5804-00 has three screws to remove but I can't get to the back screw because of the T-rex. Any one have a step by step proper removal of the t-rex ?

#2 11 years ago

If he works keep him in there and clean around him best you can you don't really need to totally take him out to clean around it.

#3 11 years ago

Go into diagnostic mode, lean the TRex head all the way down.

Bam! Screw access to remove plastics and that should be more than good enough to clean everything buddy!

Enjoy!

#4 11 years ago

I've learned over the years not to take things off "just to take them off." I doubt he's blocking much of the PF if any, and sometimes taking a huge mech off can be fun until you gotta put it back on and it can start some problems. Not totally familar with JP but in general I stay away from it.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've learned over the years not to take things off "just to take them off."

Besides if it's underneath him, there is no real need to clean it...dirt never gets seen and doesn't touch the pinballs.

The best way to start an expensive project is to "F" with something that works...

Robert

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Go into diagnostic mode, lean the TRex head all the way down.
Bam! Screw access to remove plastics and that should be more than good enough to clean everything buddy!
Enjoy!

OK i was able to do this and clean the areas that needed cleaning. I never FULLY removed him I mearly took the front black screws off where that rubber piece was, & two other screws on the side of the metal neck of the t-rex box. Now it seems that he's not fully upright after he looks left / right fine and goes down to pick up the ball he does without any issues however my problem is now he chomps on the pinball but now won't swallow it. So obviously that sends out the ball search since it remains in the t-rex's mouth while in the upright position. I also noticed that normally during the test diagnostic before I decided to bend him down he would make a clanky noise before going up/down (kind of like a roller coaster noise while on the lift) while I'm glad I removed the noise, He doesn't seem to be fully in the upright and I think that's why he can't swallow a ball. What did I break, and how do I fix it...

Every one that said don't mess with it was right lol.. at least I'll learn how to fix a T-rex hopefully.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The best way to start an expensive project is to "F" with something that works...

Robert! this is the quote of the day!

#8 11 years ago

You shouldn't of removed it dude. That t-rex mech is so touchy.

#9 11 years ago

I bet it wasn't dirty and the OP was bored! He wanted to tinker with a pinball machine. I know I been there, and sure others have as well. Hope you get it fixed, and learned a lesson as well.

#10 11 years ago

yes I know live and learn.. I think it's a spring. Not really sure instead of going to let's say 45 degree angle it goes to maybe 42 degrees etc.. it's probably a simple fix. I think it's an internal spring, or perhaps the one on the bottom? Hopefully someone is familiar with this issue. attached is one of the spings it could be causing the issue not sure the proper positioning ? Again the T-rex functions properly to a degree with exception of swallowing. it just feels like a spring where it's not fully going back to the complete upright position.
DSC04664.JPGDSC04664.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Mine doesn't even have a spring.

no_spring.jpgno_spring.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Within diagnostics is it hitting the top switch? Your Rex looks to be turned a little to the left compared to mine. Mine is set dead center of center switch. Since my L/R gearbox is stripped I have to zip tie into center position.

#13 11 years ago

Within diagnostics is it hitting the top switch? Your Rex looks to be turned a little to the left compared to mine. Mine is set dead center of center switch. Since my L/R gearbox is stripped I have to zip tie into center position.

Testing it in diagnostics mode it seems to pick up the ball and swallow it using the flipper / trigger buttons while assisting it through the diagnostics mode. after the 3rd munch from the t-rex's jaw etc...It used to go down the T-rex's throat without any munches. But again that's while I'm holding the trigger on the gun *controlling the up/down on the t-rex he will swallow it within the "Diagnostics mode".. once I exit diagnostics mode In game still gets hung up in his mouth. It seems like it's not returning to the Fully upright position. Maybe it's a spring replacement or a switch that needs adjustment ? Below is the spring / link that controls the upright position which I believe is the culprit ? Again it's no longer making a mechanical gear type clanking noise while going up/down but the motor seems to go up / down ?

DSC04665.JPGDSC04665.JPG

#14 11 years ago

It sure sounds like that switch needs to be adjusted. I'd give that a try and see if you can get it all timed just right. Make it hit the switch as it's just a little higher. I've had mine completely apart and nothing is coming to mind other than those switch positions.

Mine will sometimes swallow the ball before it chomps and sometimes not. I might just get in there and adjust it to only swallow on "chomp" because it's much more satisfying to see

#15 11 years ago

It sure sounds like that switch needs to be adjusted. I'd give that a try and see if you can get it all timed just right. Make it hit the switch as it's just a little higher. I've had mine completely apart and nothing is coming to mind other than those switch positions.
Mine will sometimes swallow the ball before it chomps and sometimes not. I might just get in there and adjust it to only swallow on "chomp" because it's much more satisfying to see

I think your 100% spot on as my friend who's owned two JP's in the past told me this is likely what it was on the phone after I addressed the issue to him. It's one of two leafs more than likely on the up/down I think the leaf / microswitch on the left is for the UP, the leaf looks pretty bent attached is a photo, which way should I adjust it ? should I completely try to straighten it ? It's in a pretty tough spot even to bend the metal leaf. It's currently very bent / curved obviously from the t-rex motor / piece that hits the switch triggering it.

When I drop the game into the diagnostics I'm getting these in the playfield status:
T-Rex up #57
T-Rex trough #59 (Guessing I have a ball in the trough when I was testing?)

Are these related to my issues ? Now during game play the T-rex which by now I've learned is very sensitive sometimes will munch the ball on the 4th? munch and sinks down / sadly sometimes still getting stuck!... Ideally I'd like to get it back to the way it was (WORKING and unmolested by me!) where it was shooting down it's throat immediately when it was in the upright position than it snapped it's jaw 3 times by that third time I literally already got the ball back which was great. I think it's less strain on the jaw solenoid if it shoots down it's throat right away, but possibly more strain on the motor? Again I'm pretty new to the pinball scene (familiar with vids / now collecting dust) as I've only had this game for 2 weeks or so it's been nothing but incredible until i decided to "tinker / clean" my game Lesson learned for sure but I think it's good to know as much of the anatomy of my game as possible as I'm sure eventually I'll own others and would really want to work on my own machine.

Below is a picture of the switch that I think needs the adjusting it literally looks wavy ? :

DSC04670.jpgDSC04670.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Not sure which way to adjust it from that pic. It shouldn't hurt to experiment with it a little. BTW there looks to be some rust on one of those switch connections. I'd clean that up too while you're at it.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

yes I know live and learn.

If this event causes you to lean this one lesson, it was worth it.

Robert

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

If this event causes you to lean this one lesson, it was worth it.
Robert

yeah you have no idea. It was late last night so i'll revisit and hopefully address the issue(s) right now with the t-rex. I mean the good news is the left/right as well as up/down motors seems to be functioning fine. His jaw looks like it's hanging low maybe that's just in my head. Also good that I'm learning bits and pieces as I go about the mechanics of the machine. This is going to sound like a lesson was not learned and call me stubborn but at some point I would like to clean the trough / plastic ramp underneath the playfield (which is IMO filthy), I know i'll end up F*ing up something else, stay tuned!

When going into the diagnostics mode nothing should appear in the playfield status correct ? that basically indicates your errors upfront before cycling / testing?

#19 11 years ago

Good luck with your Rex. Mine normally works fine but will sometimes go down/up and not pick up the ball. We just say he's "on a diet." My diagnostics say the up motor is off on the status screen, but it all seems to work during gameplay and testing so just leaving it for now. To my understanding, you are correct that the status tells you what it thinks is not working before testing/cycling.

I cleaned the subway on my JP this weekend, and I managed not to screw it up, so you'll be fine. I just removed the 2 screws holding it and worked on it while it was still hooked to the wires. I did break the top cover piece in one place because it was screwed in too tight, but it doesn't affect anything at all. I used Novus 1 and a microfiber rag, and it was quite dirty under there so it made a big difference when it was clean. I'd cleaned the playfield before but noticed it was still getting dirty, and that subway was the cause of it. Hopefully now it will stay good and clean for awhile.

Warning- if you clean your JP and it plays fast, do not wax it. I did, and now it is so fast I had to put it in 5 ball and still can't break 100 million. lol

#20 11 years ago

I don't have any messages during diagnositcs, running him through diagnostics he seems to perform his functions properly (center, left, right, up, down, muching, swallowing etc.. being a good t-rex in diagnostics mode)

OK after adjusting the up switch here's what's happening... during game play

The T-rex goes down, = good
Puts the ball in his mouth = good
goes back up =good
swallows the ball = good
**now hes doing the motion again by him self back down again staying down for a little while(obviously no ball to pick up), than going back up=bad

I feel like I'm getting Tri-Ball too soon? I'm going to see during diagnostics maybe that switch where the ball sits in the cup is being pushed down? But that doesn't make sense since the t-rex doesn't go down to get the ball unless the ball is in the hole.

... How do I resolve that ? Has any one had that issue with the t-rex before ?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

it was shooting down it's throat immediately when it was in the upright position

hahahaha

#22 11 years ago

Alright here's your issue . I just shopped out and fixed my JP . The problem you are having is the up switch for the t Rex is activating a millisecond to early you have to ever so slightly adjust it . If its off just a little and registers to soon it won't go back all the way to swallow the ball and sometimes the t Rex will just keep going up and down or just stay down . It took me a few times to get this right . I had the playfield flipped up to watch the rotation of the gear and to see when it activated the switch . It's a tedious process because you have to keep lifting and lowering the playfield to check it . Just keep making slight adjustments to that switch untill you find the sweet spot . Hope this helps . PEACE!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Alright here's your issue . I just shopped out and fixed my JP . The problem you are having is the up switch for the t Rex is activating a millisecond to early you have to ever so slightly adjust it . If its off just a little and registers to soon it won't go back all the way to swallow the ball and sometimes the t Rex will just keep going up and down or just stay down . It took me a few times to get this right . I had the playfield flipped up to watch the rotation of the gear and to see when it activated the switch . It's a tedious process because you have to keep lifting and lowering the playfield to check it . Just keep making slight adjustments to that switch untill you find the sweet spot . Hope this helps . PEACE!

updated: Yeah it's clearly the switch issue...I've been raising / lowering the playfield and I agree it's tedious. but It's still not fixed yet, after making adjustments it passes t-rex diagnostics when I turn the game on, and while in diagnostics all the switches work, now a new/ similar issue came up when in game so the T-rex goes down, comes back up and doesn't pick up the ball. In diagnostics mode the jaw while hitting the trigger is working.

I also noticed that on the motor there are two pieces that look like it goes around, one a rounded small post that hits the switches and another round one with threading / a torx screw that barely grazes the micro switch, I also noticed that while testing it in diagnostics mode sometimes it moves the over way if I let go of the start button to control the up / down it will (the motor / the two metal round pieces) seem to rotate the opposite direction.

#24 11 years ago

slight improvement after making adjustments...

in game...
T-rex goes down, picks up the ball, ate it after the 3rd munch / jaw bite.

* NOPE now it didnt pick it up again without adjustments.

however once it got stuck in his mouth.. so a slight improvement.. but I'd like to fix it, unnecessary to a degree I replaced the micro switch with a brand new cherry switch same one it was using i still utilized the same metal tab / leaf but bent it back to the closest original shape as possible. the reason why is because the existing one looked like it was splitting open not closing properly, the metal tab was so bent that it was getting caught up while the motor was going around... I think its still a matter of adjusting the leaf / metal tab on the micro switch but its working id say 85% lol.. afraid to touch it but ideally I want it to swallow upon being in the hahaha yeah erect position.

#25 11 years ago

Yea its a pain in the ass . I had the exact same thing happen after I shopped mine out . It took awhile to found the sweet spot but it is there.Maybe someone has a better way to adjust that switch because it seems to be a problem. Good luck and keep us updated.

#26 11 years ago

It's weird played 2-3 games on it, first two were fine as far as I'm concerned where the t-rex ate the ball on I want to say the 2nd lift of jaw bite, (So I'm thinking the up switch is as close to the sweet spot / don't F*ck with it location as possible) played it again and it's not picking up the ball. I think the motor has two pieces on it and it rotates back the other way I think it's going to far / under the leaf when it goes back the other way is getting caught under the metal leaf hence not triggering that it's in the "down" position, which would explain why it wouldn't pick up the ball. Once I get it 100% I'll be happy but it's pretty neat how it works basically once the ball is in the cup / t-rex hole the t-rex is told to "center" than once that task / switch is completed it's told go "down" once that switch get's hit, It grabs / jaw trigger switch is told to hold the ball, followed by "go up" once it hits that sweet spot than "munch munch munch". I have much more of an appreciation for it knowing how it operates.

I could be wrong.. BUT..I think the curve in the metal tab of the microswitch needs to be present so that when the motor turns back the other way it doesn't get caught underneath the metal if it's flat. It needs to likely roll over it if that makes any sense. Which actually explains why it worked on the first two games than when the motor decided to roll / switch directions it would get caught and wouldn't be able to trigger the switches properly. And that also would explain why it would be working in the diagnostic mode while holding in the start button which triggers the up/down motion in diagnostics mode it will always go in one direction, if you stop pressing in on the start button, the motor will roll / change directions causing the issue if the metal tab is flat / or if it gets stuck. It's too bad no one sells molded leaf switches for this game specifically without needing to adjust it that would likely save alot of time / adjustments from people. DSC04673.jpgDSC04673.jpg

#27 11 years ago

So this is strange... Now the T-Rex during game play ..
Will work just fine and than not work..etc.. switch back and forth every other time....

T-rex goes down snags the ball picks it up, once in the upright position goes down his throat after about 2 chomps.. cool that's great that's what I want..

Now the bad...

But If I activate him again... T-rex goes down, doesn't pick up the ball.

If I try again, it works.

It works every other time its switching working / not working I think the motor has a piece that rotates the other way and it's not hitting the switch because it's shorter. Unless I set my leafs wrong ? I'll attach a picture just doesn't make sense.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think the motor has a piece that rotates the other way and it's not hitting the switch because it's shorter.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it should. Sorry, other than that I'm kinda stumped. Wish I had more time to go out and take a good look at mine. Actually I'm afraid I might screw something up too. My advice is to take a break from it and then when you go back to it the answer will probably be clear.

#29 11 years ago

I've been away on holiday while this thread has been running so I haven't been able to check mine and give you any help. If you still haven't sorted it by the end of the weekend I'll see if I can help. You might find it useful to compare pics of mine with how yours looks.

Definitely sounds like the switches but is quite odd that it alternates consistently between working and not working. In the pic you provide above (of what looks to be to be the 'up' switch) have you tried adjusting this using the guide path visible in the pic, by loosening the bit? The 'down' switch doesn't have this so isn't adjustable beyond bending the long leaf switch. It could possibly be this top switch in that it might be contacting for slightly too long and putting the cy le just out of sync enough to make it not contact the 'down' when the Rex is actually fully down. But then again this would result in the Rex chomping a little early instead of not chomping at all. So it's likely the 'down' switch.

#30 11 years ago

I don't get it I'm getting frustrated. It's doing all sorts of weird stuff. Sometimes it's picking up the ball, sometimes it stays in the jaws of the mouth while in the upright position moving around with the pinball in it's mouth. It fully passes the testing t-rex when I start up a game. I might place my camera and record video with underneath the playfield to see exactly why it's not working properly. While I was in the diagnostics mode holding in the start button which triggers the up / down, the "up"
and "down" switch were lighting up for about 1-2seconds. once I let go of the start button I think the motor goes the other way and this causes it to bend the leafs from that metal post. Ive adjusted the switches so many times I think I went backwards. The piece that turns on the motor it looks like it's missing a piece ? it has threading where a nut / screw would go, again has one tiny torx nut on it with threading, and another longer round post which i think is what hits the switches. Pictures of other peoples switches / under the motor up/down area would be appreciated I would like to compare mine to a properly working one.

#31 11 years ago

Video might help for sure. The trouble is that you can't accurately observe what's happening on the underside because the moment you lift the playfield it's angle affects the operation of the Rex due to the added weight of gravity against it. When the playfield was fully vertical my Rex couldn't 'drop' his head in diagnostic mode because he essentially had to pull his head upwards. I was worried it would damage it so didn't do it again.

Can't be hard to lie my iPhone facing up with the flash on onto the base of the cabinet and film it's operation. Will do when I return from holiday for you. Sorry it can't be now, I know what it's like to have an issue like this be tricky to diagnose and leave unresolved!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I like you

#33 11 years ago

After playing a few games these are my results in order, (I know I can take the glass off and just place the ball in the T-rex cup but I wanted to play a few games) it seems like the switch must be getting bent? : I hate the fact that it's working intermittently. At some point I'll upload a picture of the piece that rotates on the motor triggering the switches which that tiny nut, not the longer post doesn't seem to contact the switch along with possibly a video of underneath of the mechanics working underneath while playing a game.

PASS-T-rex worked 1-chomp like a champ
FAIL-T-rex activating Tri-Ball NEVER PICKED UP the ball from the cup, but at least went back up
PASS-Trex worked 2-chomps
FAIL-Tri ball - t-rex picked up the ball, but (while on the way up i believe) FELL OUT of his mouth and back onto the playfield
PASS-T-rex 3-chomps
PASS-T-rex 3-chomps
FAIL- Tri ball - t-rex picked up the ball, but (while on the way up i believe) FELL OUT of his mouth and back onto the playfield

#34 11 years ago

Here is a video during test mode under the diagnostics:

When I'm holding in the start button, the switches are detected if i let go of the start button the motor decides to spin the other way and won't detect the switches because the shorter screw won't reach the leafs. jp_motor.jpgjp_motor.jpg jp_motor2.jpgjp_motor2.jpg After leaving the diagnostics mode where should I leave the T-Rex, with the "up" switch on? down etc..

#35 11 years ago

I might be crazy but my motor only turns one way ? It also looks like your bottom switch isnt engaging. There seems to be a little more involved. Don't worry well figure his shit out.

#36 11 years ago

Oh yeah, that motor should only turn in one direction (the direction that doesn't catch those switches). That could be the heart of the problem, actually I'm sure it is. Check the diode and shorts for starters.

#37 11 years ago

Here are some pics of mine for reference:

IMAG0476.jpgIMAG0476.jpg IMAG0478.jpgIMAG0478.jpg IMAG0479.jpgIMAG0479.jpg

#38 11 years ago

Here are some pics of mine for reference:

those pictures help for sure specifically IMAG0478.jpg, any way you can take a side profile picture of the bends in the leafs from the side ? .. this is a crude drawing.. but to me based on your photo's it looks like your leafs are in this formation...:

I wish I could take the bottom micro switch off and replace it / bend the metal leaf out of the cabinet like I did with the top one. But it's in a much tougher spot to get to unless I completely remove the t-rex. And the other top switch had quick disconnects, the bottom one is soldered in addition to it being in a tough place. Are there any other tools recommended outside of needle nose pliers to bend the leafs ? What size are these switches so I can order 1 or 2 just to have on hand in the future. The top I already replaced with a brand new cherry brand switch (which is what it was originally) but used the existing metal leaf.

Also how much time does the "on/ up" "on / bottom" switch stay lit for in your diagnostics t-rex menu. when holding in the start button and having it cycle through up /down a few times ?

Also as a side note I noticed a bungee rubberized cord on the bottom of the cabinet I know it's used to hold the playfield upright as a safety feature but I can't seem to find any place where it attaches to the playfield, maybe it goes in another spot? It would be nice to use this as I've had to toss my hand up a few times from it killing me after it was stable for a while it seems to want to come back down on it's own even after It was fully upright and in place.

DSC04680.JPGDSC04680.JPG

#39 11 years ago

My leafs are flat/straight and situated at a slight angle from the switch. I'll take some pics tonight.

The top switch only stays on for a second or two. If yours are bent too much it will be on for too long.

I don't know where that bungee connects either.

#40 11 years ago

I've always wondered what that bungee attaches to myself. Now I have to go look.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

My leafs are flat/straight and situated at a slight angle from the switch. I'll take some pics tonight.
The top switch only stays on for a second or two. If yours are bent too much it will be on for too long.
I don't know where that bungee connects either.

yeah now when I boot the game I get a t-rex switch failure, I think they are on way too long and that's likely what's causing it. So not only do you need to have the post obviously hit the leaf / switch at a certain point, but if "on / engaged" too long it probably confuses the cpu telling it to go back up when it's still thinking it's down and sends the failure message ?

If I move the t-rex to let's say the center / pass by going from let's say all the way left to right.. the center switch will light up for literally a few milliseconds my other switches the up / down stay on for a solid 1- maybe even 2 seconds in diagnostics mode, which I believe is probably too long.

#42 11 years ago

Here's a pic of where my safety strap connects. There's an eyelet bolt screwed into the PF. Though mine was a routed machine, it looks like this was original.

Tie-down.jpgTie-down.jpg

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Here's a pic of where my safety strap connects. There's an eyelet bolt screwed into the PF. Though mine was a routed machine, it looks like this was original.

That picture is awesome but I can't seem to find that butterfly screw attached to my playfield, maybe I need to buy one? I don't think I even noticed the threading I'll need to look again the next time I go under the playfield.

FIXED WITH SOLUTION:

The good news is that my T-Rex seems to be working for now. This is what was happening the cause of most if not all of the issues: The leaf was being bent when the post of the motor stopped and slowly rolled backwards causing it to bend the leaf therefore throwing off calibrations as to when the dino was supposed to hit the "up" switch. That's why after adjusting it the t-rex would get worse and worse. Basically if in diagnostics mode if you hold in the start button to move the t-rex up / and down the motor will always spin in one direction. However when a series of commands are sent to the t-rex he will once hitting the bottom lets just say, the motor briefly stops, thus sometimes causing it to "roll" backwards. The post that's on the motor when it hits the leaf just like a garage door has a sensor so it rolls back the other way correctly, but it was bending the leaf and messing up all the adjustments I had made. Again you can test that in diagnostics mode by simply releasing the start button which controls the t-rex up/down motion, sometimes not always but it will begin to change direction.

Notes to consider for other people I also noticed that the leaf was sometimes getting caught on the inside threading of a screw which held the t-rex / motor cable, so to eliminate that problem I used two nuts as spacers on the microswitch to bring it further away from it having any chance of the leaf getting snagged on the threading from the other screw *this threading was near the "top" switch near the end of the metal leaf.

Now for the main solution that might help other people with t-rex issues...pull the microswitch / leaf out completely. Trust me don't try to bend the leaf while it's on the playfield. The best way to do this is to take the bottom screw out of the through ramp / subway ramp. You will see a metal box attached to the subway ramp, you should now be able to move it just enough to be able to access the "top" microswitch screws of the t-rex. This isn't completely necessary but makes it easier to access the microswitch screws. If you find a different method to getting the leaf out cool, that's just what I found to be the easiest on my machine. Now what you want to do or if you notice that your leaf is essentially hanging down (which is what's causing the issue, since it was or is being currently bent by the post on the motor rolling the other way / or getting snagged etc..)you need to with pliers bend the metal leaf in a way so when the leaf is upside down it doesn't drop from the gravity. Now when you re-install the leaf you basically need to have it hit the "on" switch when the dino peaks in a 45 degree angle if it's off ever so slightly it might get caught in his mouth and he won't swallow etc. You also don't want the switch "up" "down" etc... to stay illuminated / engaged or on in diagnostics mode that long. it should be on very briefly. If the switch stays on too long it's confusing the relay / cpu. It's all about positioning the top switch so that he peaks at the right time, don't keep bending the leaf rather use the guide leeway on the leaf switch where the nut is it gives you about a 1/4 to adjust it. I found that the game / t-rex is very meticulous as to where you are placing the switch. It has a "sweet spot" for sure as stated above. Also make sure obviously when in diagnostics mode to always "center" the t-rex when testing him. And if your playfield is lifted gravity plays a role so it's possible that it might be hitting the switches when you want it to with the playfield up / and in diagnostics mode.. you must adjust, put the playfield down and re-adjust as required. Good luck to all on fixing your T-rex in the future. I'm very happy that I got to learn a ton about the mechanics in the process, sure don't touch what's not broken but I actually for the most part enjoyed working on it. THANKS TO ALL who assisted me along the way. IMG_1348.JPGIMG_1348.JPG

Oh yeah and my first game after fixing it... Got my High Score, granted I only had the machine for a few weeks but I think I figured it out!

#44 11 years ago

Glad you got it worked out! Nice score too!

#45 11 years ago

Nice work! Great info for other owners too.

I've had mine for a few weeks and the best score I've got is 450 mil, nice job with yours! That score was before installing Cliffys, which has made the Control Room scoop much more difficult, and bricking this shot is a center drain hazard.

Also with mine much of the time the ball leaves the pops straight for a center drain. The ball save helps but if it does it again on the relaunch there's no saving it! I've noticed that the Bunker/Control Room scoop assembly is positioned all the way to the right positioning the Bunker scoop shield so that balls leaving the pops often brush the right edge of it which directs it towards a center drain. I will attempt to move it over to the left. And for some reason I get heaps of fast left outlane drains directly off the right slingshot. I am yet to service the slingshot assemblies so perhaps after I do this, and they perform more 'normally', I'll get less of these drains.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

And for some reason I get heaps of fast left outlane drains directly off the right slingshot.

I put in a post (with rubber ring) at the left outlane. When I bought mine it had a screw in it sticking up a 1/2", so I figured it was a hack because they didn't get a post. So I bought one and installed it. I came to find out that most JP's have a hole for a post but none were installed at the factory. I like it there. That sling shot to the left outlane problem just seemed unfair to me. It's a little more fun now.

#47 11 years ago

I've been contemplating doing this and your comment sealed the deal for me now that I know it's a common issue and not necessarily related to the current state of my slingshot coils.

I wouldn't normally mind an issue like this because it necessitates controlled play, but in this case it would mean avoiding the pops and T-Rex because both feed back to the flippers with wild variation!

#48 11 years ago

I noticed mine had mismatched posts one was pointy with no indentation for the rubber, while the other one had the indentation. I ended up just placing super tiny I think 23/64 ID OR 3/8'' OD rubber ring on each one which ever is that tiny one. I noticed that it looked like the right post was repaired at some point, What size do I need to order to match them ?

One looks like this:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5004-01
and the other like this:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4177-1 again my posts indentation seems smaller this is just for refrence

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-2364B - This is the OD / ID ring I used on the rubber posts even though they were mismatched.

10 years later
#49 1 year ago

Was following this post, does anyone know what switch activates the Chomp? If my Trex doesn’t chomp, he lowers his head again and gets stuck there. He chomps, he works great.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MMarks3:

Was following this post, does anyone know what switch activates the Chomp? If my Trex doesn’t chomp, he lowers his head again and gets stuck there. He chomps, he works great.

Don't own mine any more to test but pretty sure it's a combo of the centering "home" switch and the saucer switch. The head will not go down or chomp if it's not on the centering switch. The game code actually has a thing where it will sometimes chew the ball before it chomps down and the swallows the ball. The motor to bend down only runs in one direction so if her is coming up and going back down, there is something wrong there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-the-t-rex-from-jurassic-park-to-clean-surrounding-areas-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.