You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3504 (resized).JPG
IMG_3503 (resized).JPG
IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have a 1973 Bally Circus. This has the rails/frame attached to the play field glass. How do you remove sides/ends for cleaning?

Thank you!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Talarspeed:

I have a 1973 Bally Circus. This has the rails/frame attached to the play field glass. How do you remove sides/ends for cleaning?
Thank you!

They're just bolted together. You just have to take the nuts off. Be careful if there's rust, you don't want to shear any of it off.

What exactly are you looking to clean?

#3 6 years ago

As I remember, the glass is held into place with two rails. Carefully loosen the six nuts that hold the rails to the glass. Or there are two nuts on the lockdown bar portion of the frame. Be even more careful when you're reinstalling the glass and tightening the nuts. The nuts just need to be slightly tightened. Don't over tighten or the screw posts on the frame will likely break off...

#4 6 years ago

This is a restore project starting in June. I am attaching images so you can see the pitting and rust on the frame. My plan was to use Evaporust in a PVC tube as described elsewhere on this forum. There seems to be some soft gasket between the glass and frame which is logical. I have the feeling that this will be destroyed in removing the frame. Any ideas about replacing this gasket?

IMG_3500 (resized).JPGIMG_3500 (resized).JPG

IMG_3503 (resized).JPGIMG_3503 (resized).JPG

IMG_3504 (resized).JPGIMG_3504 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

You probably just need to buy another nice frame that has the glass installed from a fellow pinsider.....hint hint.

John

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You probably just need to buy another nice frame that has the glass installed from a fellow pinsider.....hint hint.

John

I will definitely keep that in mind! I love to try things, even if failure is on the horizon! Good to know that I have a safety net!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Talarspeed:

I will definitely keep that in mind! I love to try things, even if failure is on the horizon! Good to know that I have a safety net!

Yup, just thought that I'd throw it out that I'm here if you need one. Good luck with yours.

John

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Talarspeed:

This is a restore project starting in June. I am attaching images so you can see the pitting and rust on the frame. My plan was to use Evaporust in a PVC tube as described elsewhere on this forum. There seems to be some soft gasket between the glass and frame which is logical. I have the feeling that this will be destroyed in removing the frame. Any ideas about replacing this gasket?

That gasket is NLA, but you won't destroy it taking the frame apart. It's pliable plastic and it will come right off the glass. It's likely to be discolored and dirty though,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-the-frame-from-bally-playfield-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.