By Pinitration

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atomicboy

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 3 years ago

I'm shopping out my LAH and the top allen screw to remove the top of the crane is a bit stripped out. I know I can get it out with a bit more work....but is there an easier way to get the crane out of the way so I can remove the plastics?

#2 3 years ago

Not that I know of. I ended getting an allen wrench set from menards that has a rounded end to it that could get better grip. It was a pain but I got the crane off of there. I have been slowly breaking mine down over the last few days and just got the last bit off the playfield. Now time to start cleaning.

#3 3 years ago

Yeah I tried on of those guys. The only other way I see to remove it is to somehow get underneath it and take the bolt off with a little needle nose or vise grip....there is very little room though.

#4 3 years ago

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off.

#5 3 years ago
rdonohue13 said:

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off

I don't know, mine took a bit of elbow grease on a small allen key to remove. That is the only way I know of, and realigning the thing is a PITA.

LAH as a whole was a bit of a PITA to shop as I recall. DE/SEGA's were not shop friendly.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.