Removing the crane from LAH

Started 2 years ago by Pinitration in forum Tech > Tech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Removing the crane from LAH

Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By Pinitration

2 years ago

Stats

• Started 2 years ago
  • 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Atomicboy

Posting activity (per hour)

18:00
May 23rd
1 post
19:00
May 23rd
No posts
20:00
May 23rd
2 posts
21:00
May 23rd
No posts
22:00
May 23rd
No posts
23:00
May 23rd
No posts
00:00
May 24th
No posts
01:00
May 24th
No posts
02:00
May 24th
No posts
03:00
May 24th
No posts
04:00
May 24th
No posts
05:00
May 24th
No posts
06:00
May 24th
No posts
07:00
May 24th
No posts
08:00
May 24th
No posts
09:00
May 24th
No posts
10:00
May 24th
No posts
11:00
May 24th
No posts
12:00
May 24th
1 post
13:00
May 24th
1 post

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Find in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

2 years, 9 months ago

I'm shopping out my LAH and the top allen screw to remove the top of the crane is a bit stripped out. I know I can get it out with a bit more work....but is there an easier way to get the crane out of the way so I can remove the plastics?

2 years, 9 months ago

Not that I know of. I ended getting an allen wrench set from menards that has a rounded end to it that could get better grip. It was a pain but I got the crane off of there. I have been slowly breaking mine down over the last few days and just got the last bit off the playfield. Now time to start cleaning.

2 years, 9 months ago

Yeah I tried on of those guys. The only other way I see to remove it is to somehow get underneath it and take the bolt off with a little needle nose or vise grip....there is very little room though.

2 years, 9 months ago

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off.

2 years, 9 months ago
rdonohue13 said:

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off

I don't know, mine took a bit of elbow grease on a small allen key to remove. That is the only way I know of, and realigning the thing is a PITA.

LAH as a whole was a bit of a PITA to shop as I recall. DE/SEGA's were not shop friendly.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.