Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_Rollover2 (resized).jpg
_Rollover1 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I'm working on a Sky Lab and also a Little Chief right now. On the Sky Lab, the rollover buttons get stuck sometimes when the ball goes over them. I removed them from the playfield. When I actuate them by hand, I can feel them sticking. Is there a trick to removing the metal retaining clip on the plastic stem without snapping the stem off? I would like to clean them so they stop sticking.

The Little Chief has two opaque yellow rollovers that don't match what the game had orinally so I will also be changing those. The same metal retaining clip is keeping those in place.

Thanks,

Alberto
_Rollover1 (resized).jpg_Rollover1 (resized).jpg_Rollover2 (resized).jpg_Rollover2 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Those are Tinnerman nuts. You can try to ‘unscrew’ them but most likely it may not work.
If you have a ‘pick’ like a Dentist uses you can pry those little tabs away from stem. You can reuse the nut again but sometimes easier to get new ones if you have access to them. Hope that helps.

#3 4 years ago

You could soak the whole item as is or just buy new. http://www.pbresource.com/rollobut.htm

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Those are Tinnerman nuts. You can try to ‘unscrew’ them but most likely it may not work.
If you have a ‘pick’ like a Dentist uses you can pry those little tabs away from stem. You can reuse the nut again but sometimes easier to get new ones if you have access to them. Hope that helps.

Picking at the tabs worked. Thank you! To reuse the nut I tapped it back into shape with a hammer.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Picking at the tabs worked. Thank you! To reuse the nut I tapped it back into shape with a hammer.

You’re quite welcome. Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-sticky-williams-rollover-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.