7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Rum-Z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 months ago

Can you take these off without messing up the inside of the cabinet? Considering installing some official stern art blades but I want to make sure it is reversible once they Inevitably get scratched up. Thanks

#2 7 months ago

I have never removed Stern art blades, but have pulled off vinyl art blades when trashed. It came up just fine without issue. IF you had trouble with it you could always use the freeze spray method, but the vinyl stuff tends to come up pretty easily. If you did pull up some paint for whatever reason, black is easy to match.

Good luck!

#3 7 months ago

I recently removed a set of Stern Art Blades from a BM66. They initially seemed to peel off easy, but ended leaving a layer of substrate and adhesive. Neither of which wanted to come off easy. I ended up trying to use goo gone and a plastic razor blade. It helped but I ultimately sanded some of it off. I'm thinking freeze spray method or heat gun may be a better direction. Good luck.

#4 7 months ago

Depends a bit on how long ago they were applied and how Well they were applied. Some just peel off with no issue some not. IF I see they are on good I typically use a hair dryer on hot to slightly warm the decal and adhesive to help it release a bit easier.

#5 7 months ago

I just recently used some of these, and I think side blade art will last indefinitely if you were to be vigilant about using them.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#6 7 months ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I just recently used some of these, and I think side blade art will last indefinitely if you were to be vigilant about using them.

Agreed. I have Stern art blades on my games that have them available and I have never messed one up. They are made of a thicker, much more durable material than others like Pin Graffix. In comparison, I only have ever had Pin Graffix art blades on my LOTR and those were damaged not long after installing them.

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from DNO:

These protectors are great! I use them on all my machines when I lift the playfields. They keep art blades looking great.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside