• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5681 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello!

I have a Walking Dead Pro that constantly gets the ball stuck on the left ramp. It's almost like the space between the ramp and the clear plastic ramp cover is too shallow for the ball to move through freely.

So I thought, well, remove the top plastic cover. But those two little screws holding it down don't seem to want to come out easily. For one, the nut below the screw is so tiny that I don't see how I can get a wrench in there. Second, they are (thankfully) really screwed tight.

So two questions: Is there a trick to getting the screws off? And do you have any other ideas or solutions?

Thanks. I've owned two machines for a few years, but this is the first time I've ever worked on the machines myself.

Appreciate the help in advance!

IMG_5681 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5681 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

You'll have to remove the ramp.

#3 1 year ago

Could you warm that plastic cover with a heat gun and bend it up a bit? No idea if that would work, just spitballing.

#4 1 year ago

Just checked my TWD pro with a ball on a magnet wand. The ball only clears that plastic by about 1/8", so you won't have to move it much.

Judging from the pinched black wire insulation near the top screw/washer, it looks like someone's taken that ramp apart at some point. I wonder if maybe they didn't tighten the bottom two screws (which hold the cover) enough, and the cover is sagging. There's no washer/spacer between the cover and the ramp, they just mash right together, so any slack there might cause the cover to sag.

#5 1 year ago

I dont own this game, but when you pull the playfield out and lift it into the service position, can you reach the nuts? I use a socket to hold the nut while I unscrew from the top. I think adding a couple nylon washers would work just fine to give you clearance. Might need longer screws, but all easily gotten at your local hardware store.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-screws-for-stuck-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.