8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

How do I remove the rubber from these rollover guides?

Long version with my 'thoughts'...

Some of them just have the upper ring and it is easy to remove. Some just have the lower ring and I thought "it's not in the bad if shape, I'll just clean it up". Some have both and the only way I can think to remove it is by using a dremel cut off tool. I would really like to remove them without breaking anything and clean the plastics in an ultrasonic cleaner, but then I am wondering now how difficult it would be to get the replacements on.

Thanks for the help!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

This method may work.

Hold the guide under hot water, for a minute or so, the rubber rings will soften up with the warmth. The rubber rings should slide off, with some twisting.

Since you are replacing them, you could just cut the rubber rings. WITH CARE.

1 week later
#3 8 years ago

This was an amazing time and effort saving solution!

I put about 6oz water in a plastic cup, microwaved for a minute, dropped the piece in the cup and left it in there for a minute, removed it from the cup and twisted the rubber piece right off. It almost seems like the old rubber had bonded to the plastic, as it was real smooth on the inside and was stuck.

I could have spent hours trying to get these removed and risked damaging the plastics, and I got them all removed in a few minutes.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-rubber-rings-from-rollover-guides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.