(Topic ID: 191301)

Removing pinbot backbox

By Theviolinman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I just got my first pin, pinbot. My wife hates it in the living room and getting it in the back room it has to go through two narrow doorways and around a corner (where the machine may need to be stood up).
I definitely need to remove the back box but I'm a total newb. Has anyone done this on pinbot who could help? (pics would be awesome).

Thanks!
Andrew

#2 6 years ago

If fold the backbox down and put the game up on end, does that give you the clearance you need?

To fold down a backbox, you will need to remove the two bolts on the inside that secure it.

Once you fold it down, be sure to put cardboard and a packing blanket down so it doesn't damage anything on the game.

After that, you can strap it or shrink wrap it to the cabinet body.

If you have a lift cart, then removing the legs is easy. If not, prop the rear side on a stool or sawhorse, take off the rear legs. Put a piece of cardboard down on the floor that is about the same size as the rear end of the game. This will help you slide the game around. Then lower the rear end to the floor, and tip it so it rests on the rear end. then take the front legs off. Then slide it where you need it to go, and then do the whole process in reverse order to set it back up again.

#3 6 years ago

I've had to remove the backbox on all my games to get them through my stairways. Pinbot I had removed the backbox several times. Document and photograph all of your wiring harness and board attachments first. It helps if you can take the time to label all of the plugs with wire labels or even painters tape. Disconnect all wires and push them through the hole in the backbox floor, remember some harness plugs may be down in the cab, and you'll also need to remove the braided safety ground that attaches with a wing nut to the backbox floor. Next, remove the two bolts securing the backbox floor to the cab, and fold that down (place a towel down and SLOWLY fold the backbox down). Next, remove the four nuts holding the hinges on - two per hinge - and slide the backbox forward to clear the hinge. Attach the nuts loosely to the backbox bolts so you don't lose them. Reverse the whole process after moving the game.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Next, remove the four nuts holding the hinges on - two per hinge - and slide the backbox forward to clear the hinge. Attach the nuts loosely to the backbox bolts so you don't lose them. Reverse the whole process after moving the game.

To add to wayout440 on my PinBot, the head can be slid on the hinge pins (either To the left or right can't remember) so it full removal of the hinges may not be necessary. To do this it is best to have a helper to aid in the Back Box Removal.

#5 6 years ago

And for god sake be careful you don't bump/break the topper in the process!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-pinbot-backbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.