Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20231009_142503.jpg
    IMG_20230713_214616.jpg
    IMG_20230713_212033.jpg
    IMG_20230713_184925.jpg
    IMG_20230713_190359.jpg
    IMG_20230415_185009.jpg
    IMG_20230415_183856.jpg
    IMG_20230415_183552.jpg
    IMG_20230402_113135.jpg
    IMG_20221027_131932.jpg
    IMG_20221025_163310.jpg
    IMG_20221023_151258.jpg
    IMG_20221022_182112.jpg
    IMG_20221012_214040.jpg
    IMG_20221012_214534.jpg
    IMG_20221010_190411.jpg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

There are no regular veterinarians around here.

Anyone with an education or 2 coins to rub together has left.

I've been stuck here with no flights anywhere near home due to no countries allowing USA planes to land due to their failure to control covid.

If you are stuck anywhere long enough, you get a pet.

A guy sold me a puppy for 1 USD and asked me if I knew how to cook it.

IMG_20200809_195538_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200809_195538_01 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Oh man!

Looks like ya got a new best friend out of the deal.

#3 3 years ago

Saved from the stew pot! Btw - it’s great to have you back on Pinside, except for the fact that my Vid1900 as Rick avatar isn’t quite as fun now that you’re back from the dead.

#4 3 years ago

Did you get that pail in the deal as well? Looks like a keeper!

#5 3 years ago

Adorable. I cant imagine life without my pup. She is my enabler. She never tells me no when Im looking to buy a new pin.

#6 3 years ago

As soon as you grow attached to any animal, it gets sick.

The puppy is not even keeping water down.

I gave it all it's shots myself, so I figure it's not Parvo. It's temp is normal.

I can't find a vet, so I take it to the military hospital.

Doc: We don't do animals, you can't have that in here.
    Vid: I know. I just need you to x-ray it.
    D: We can't.
    V: Write it up as me, and do the f*cking X-ray [I say in my most threatening tone]
    D: [looking around at the other staff] Ahhh....OK

Xray #1 :

IMG_20201108_134356 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_134356 (resized).jpg
    #7 3 years ago

ring worm? poor puppy. pretty cool they took the xray!

#8 3 years ago

2nd Doc: It look's like he's swallowed a coin!
    Vid: Unbelievable. But yes, that is what it looks like
    2nd Doc: We have the next x-ray and...WTF, it's a perfect sphere!
    Vid: Uhh...you know what that is, a pinball
    First Doc: Do they even have pinball machines here?
    Vid: They have 2 that I know of ....

IMG_20201108_134334 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_134334 (resized).jpg
    #9 3 years ago

We miss you, Vid. And we love your dog - blue eyes are incredible! I hope the doc is willing to do an after-hours extraction for your friend. I would guess it's similar to what would be done if a kid swallowed one?

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#11 3 years ago

Hopefully it's not too large to pass. There might be something you can give him to help lubricate so he can pass it easier.

#12 3 years ago

Adorable guy, hopefully you can find some help! I have no idea if he can pass it or not, but thankfully at least it's not jagged or long. Keep us updated! I have three pinballs showing up any minute but now I'm more interested in the dog.

#13 3 years ago

How long ago did he eat it? Did the Doc/x-ray tech mention if it's still in the stomach in the x-rays? I came across this for if it's still in the stomach

If the item was swallowed within two hours, it’s probably still in the stomach. If the object isn’t sharp, feed your pet a small meal first, and then induce vomiting.

#15 3 years ago

The puppy is so cute. Why is he in a bucket?

#16 3 years ago

Too bad you are not still in Ohio Vid -- I'd take a look at him for you.

I had a client with a dog that we took x-rays of the abdomen to find golf balls in the stomach (unrelated as to why it was in the hospital). While in the dog run it barfed one up and it rolled down into the drain -- a hole in one!

How old is your dog now? Your first pic looks like it is only weeks old. . . your first x-ray (that shows the hips/pelvis) suggests that most of the bone growth plates are closed which usually does not happen until a year of age or later. I cannot tell from the orientation of your x-ray pics to give you an idea if the ball is still in the stomach or not. . . the stomach usually sits in the upper left quadrant of the abdomen (the "ball" is in the upper right in the pic but it could easily be inverted).

#17 3 years ago

Staff talks among themselves, some throwing their hands up in the air (I don't like that)

Doc #2 returns

Doc #2 : We are going to have to remove "the shrapnel" from "your" small intestine, surgically. Do you have any scars on your abdomen?
    V: [pulling my shirts up] just a few.
    Doc: Holy crap, it's like a train yard!
    V: Yeah, I've been in a few battles. My nieces and nephews call me Frankenstein
    Doc: Good thing, otherwise we'd have to give you a scar; but yeah, I think we are good [he's smiling, but I do believe he would have gave me a scar]

#18 3 years ago

Doc #1: It's going to be risky, you understand? We are not vets, any even if we were, any surgery involving intestines are super risky.
    V: Got it. I appreciate your efforts, I really do.
    D1: Assuming he comes through, you have to give him a soft, simple diet and some human pain killers, one of them a "nerve block". And 2 antibiotics.
    V: I can do all that.
    D1: We don't have any cones for his head, so you are going to have to make something yourself; so he does not pull his staples out.
    V: I'm capable of that.
    D1: Alright, make yourself comfortable because it's going to be a long slog.

A few hours later they bring me my puppy in a plastic tub, and a plastic bag with a special gift:

IMG_20201118_212025 (resized).jpgIMG_20201118_212025 (resized).jpg

Doc #2: Are these pinballs brass?
    V: Nope, they are steel.
    D2: Hmm, were they plated? Because it's jet black.
    V: Yeah, maybe the stomach acids ate off, or reacted to the plating?
    D2: I'd agree with that.

#19 3 years ago

My dog swallowed one and they told me to give him a pint of gasoline and he would pass it.
    I did and he passed two trucks and a car on the freeway. Then fell over not moving.
    Ran up and asked the gathering crowd is he dead?
    Nah, just ran out of gas.

Sorry..

#20 3 years ago

Yikes, hoping for the best.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

How long ago did he eat it? Did the Doc/x-ray tech mention if it's still in the stomach in the x-rays? I came across this for if it's still in the stomach

I was guessing 2 days of being sick?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:

The puppy is so cute. Why is he in a bucket?

That's how they sold him to me.

Normally they club them over the head and put them in a plastic bag, but I said I wanted him alive.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Too bad you are not still in Ohio Vid -- I'd take a look at him for you.

Man, I wish I was back in OH

I needed you for sure!

There is not even a farm animal vet anywhere.

Seriously, anybody with any smarts got out long ago.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

How old is your dog now? Your first pic looks like it is only weeks old.

I was guessing he was 2 months old when I got him, but who knows, it's not like he came with any papers.

So by my math he was 8 months old when he ate the pinball?

#25 3 years ago

Whats the pups name?
    Wondering if its pin related... if he had barfed it up ya coulda nicknamed him vuk.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There are no regular veterinarians around here.
    Anyone with an education or 2 coins to rub together has left.
    I've been stuck here with no flights anywhere near home due to no countries allowing USA planes to land due to their failure to control covid.
    If you are stuck anywhere long enough, you get a pet.
    A guy sold me a puppy for 1 USD and asked me if I knew how to cook it.[quoted image]

Oh Vid, always the storyteller!
    Look at the skin? Does that look leathery like a turtle? I have read the stories many times. Vid should be about 3 times larger than that, with thick, leathery hide. Then to top it off, Popok and Beelow are nowhere to be seen!
    Obviously fake, the real Vid has never been photographed, not even an arm!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Whats the pups name?

It was Vivisector, but then everyone was calling him Viv, which was too close to Vid, so I changed it to Murderhornet, which everyone liked.

But when I took him to the hospital, I said his name was Sugar Bear to try and drum up some sympathy and now everyone calls him Sugar.

#28 3 years ago

All stapled up, and sleeping soundly

The young girl that tends my apartment whispered to him "They took your belly button"

#29 3 years ago

I vote this gets cataloged alongside the rest of Vids guide series.

#30 3 years ago

Thank goodness they were able to remove it. Hopefully the little guy makes a full recovery.

#31 3 years ago

Vids back!! Maybe the end of 2020 won’t be such a steaming pile after all !

#32 3 years ago

Surely there are cheaper and easier ways to produce black anodized pinballs.

Glad your puppy is ok.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's how they sold him to me.
    Normally they club them over the head and put them in a plastic bag, but I said I wanted him alive.

I was going to guess mobile restroom for post op.

#34 3 years ago

So first question. What the heck are you doing in Yemen? Not exactly a pinball paradise I would guess. But glad you rescued the pup, and hope you can bring him home, soon.

#35 3 years ago

This thread is both funny and weird and sad and... everything at once. Hope the puppy recovers properly.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

My dog swallowed one and they told me to give him a pint of gasoline and he would pass it.
    I did and he passed two trucks and a car on the freeway. Then fell over not moving.
    Ran up and asked the gathering crowd is he dead?
    Nah, just ran out of gas.
    Sorry..

MLP Rimshot.gifMLP Rimshot.gif

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

So first question. What the heck are you doing in Yemen?

The more languages you speak, and the more experience you have in assuring outcomes, the more high paying work you are offered.

Quoted from DCRand:

Not exactly a pinball paradise I would guess.

Your assumptions are correct, lol

Quoted from DCRand:

But glad you rescued the pup, and hope you can bring him home, soon.

The pup I can bring without too much trouble, my ~11 year old orphaned housekeeper will be more of a problem.

#38 3 years ago

Welcome back. We missed you

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Welcome back. We missed you

My posts are already being deleted, we'll see how long it lasts.....lol

#40 3 years ago

Your best friend loves you unconditionally. Glad you took care of him.

Next time, try to draw it out of him with a magnet.

That and, put it on his dog collar...

Enjoy the ride!

c2s

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My posts are already being deleted, we'll see how long it lasts.....lol

Freedom of speech has become like every pet I ever had. Long dead, but lovingly remembered.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

That and, put it on his dog collar...

Excellent idea!!!

I'm going to bore a hole in it and thread in an eye-bolt.

#44 3 years ago

Wow!

You should call the dog Bally!

#45 3 years ago

I bet that was one hell of a vet bill.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I bet that was one hell of a vet bill.

Fortunately, they billed it to my employer claiming that they removed shrapnel from my small intestine.

I cant even imagine what those full body digital x-rays would cost back in the States, let alone taking his guts out.

I bet that TractorDoc could tell us how much it would cost Stateside

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I cant even imagine what those full body digital x-rays would cost back in the States, let alone taking his guts out.

Two view digital x-rays -- $200.

Surgery to remove foreign body -- $700-900. Believe it or not removing a pinball would be rather easy and straightforward. . . its when dogs/cats eat fabric and string that causes real problems as it gets caught in the intestines in multiple areas.

Of course these prices are at my little clinic in a rural setting. Prices in the big city are likely 2-3 times as much.

Vid, I might suggest wiping the pizza sauce from your fingers before touching/setting down the pinballs next time!

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I bet that TractorDoc could tell us how much it would cost Stateside

You must have edited as I was typing!

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

You must have edited as I was typing!

Yep.

I was using Voice To Text and it ignored the last line for some reason.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

Vid, I might suggest wiping the pizza sauce from your fingers before touching/setting down the pinballs next time!

I had the game open with the playfield up, the ball was on the lockdown mech.

I guess he saw it and wanted it.

I've had dogs all my life. They will roll and chase pinballs, but I've never had a dog actually eat one.

#50 3 years ago

There is a vet here in Denver that does low cost surgeries for lower-income people. He has a TV show on Animal Planet called Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet, he does surgeries like that all the time and he charges like $800. Great show btw.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-pinball-from-puppy?hl=a-1bogart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.