10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by maneiro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dieseldogpi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Picked up a Dr Dude with mylar at the top of the playfield by the pop bumpers. I have had REALLY good luck with removing mylar in the past by way of the freeze spray and a combination of goo gone and magic eraser for the glue. I have heard that system 11 pins are terrible for mylar removal, a lot of lifting. Is this true? Dr Dude was toward the end of system 11, some are even WPC, so I'm hoping this isn't the case for the Doc. Any experience with removing the mylar on this one?

2 weeks later
#7 10 years ago

Just wanted to post an update, finally got around to pulling the mylar last night. Used the freeze spray method...what a breeze. Easier than removing the mylar on my Bride of Pinbot. I was originally concerned because i heard that system 11's were rough when it came to mylar removal, but not this one, no art work lifting at all. So I just lifted one end with a razor blade, sprayed a little freeze spray under AND on top of the mylar and it just peeled right up. The glue residue was easy too, sprayed goo gone, let it sit for 5 mins, then used magic eraser and the glue just disappeared.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dieseldogpi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-mylar-dr-dude?tu=dieseldogpi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.