• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Xmen pro pics with trim 004.JPG
Xmen pro pics with trim 003.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone has an idea of how to remove Magneto in the X-Men pin? My Magneto lamp burned out and the only place I can think that it'd be is inside Magneto. Am I right, or wrong? Help!!!!

#2 10 years ago

You can remove him I took mine out and put a 6 inch figure in his place.
He is screwed onto the plastic from under the plastic. Meaning you have to remove that plastic he sits on to remove him.
If I remember right you have to lift up the iceman ramp to get to remove it. Mag actually sits on two plastics ...anyway hope that helps. Also you will see there is some cool spiral art work under him....wasted IMO. Good luck.

Xmen pro pics with trim 003.JPGXmen pro pics with trim 003.JPG Xmen pro pics with trim 004.JPGXmen pro pics with trim 004.JPG
#3 10 years ago

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion --

#4 10 years ago

I think you can do it from under the PF.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hmmm, I don't know about that. I've had mine off a couple of times.

I always removed it as HOOKED said. I think you have to remove a spacer from under the Iceman ramp and other hardware from around the plastic he sits on.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Hmmm, I don't know about that. I've had mine off a couple of times.
I always removed it as HOOKED said. I think you have to remove a spacer from under the Iceman ramp and other hardware from around the plastic he sits on.

Yup. This is how you remove it. Just took mine off last night to replace the bulb.

BTW, does wolverine ever light up?

#7 10 years ago

But to answer your question yes, there is a flasher inside of Magneto. I would go back with an LED so you don't have to do it again. Also, be careful with the gate at the back if you get that misaligned it can be a bear to adjust correctly.

#8 10 years ago

Thank you all and wish me luck. Access to some areas is sometimes very tricky. Definitively will replace with an LED.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yup. This is how you remove it. Just took mine off last night to replace the bulb.
BTW, does wolverine ever light up?

Wolvie has a light socket inside him, but it is not used. Light would not show through the molded plastic (no holes).

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No you can't. I've had mine off numerous times. I took the right ramp off then unbolted the plastic magneto sits on. He is screwed to that plastic with screws. You need to unscrew all three screws and remove magneto from the plastic then there is the flasher screwed to the plastic. Do yourself a favour and replace the flasher with an LED one so you don't need to do it again.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Wolvie has a light socket inside him, but it is not used. Light would not show through the molded plastic (no holes).

I did some checking and my wolverine has an led in it. It makes his face light up as it can be turned on in the diagnostics menu, Though i have never seen it on during the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-magneto-from-x-men and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.