Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Batcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Batcade:

19 pin and 24 pin

Personally, if it was me, I'd just use 2 12's and a 7+12 housing and call it a day, assuming you can get those. Those things get brittle over time anyways (have had the plastic up by where the cutter part of the pins is snap and fly off so many times..), and IDC is frankly just a junky cheap labor-saving method anyways, that's more prone to failure.

Only reason I'd try to save those outdated housings would be if I was going to have to use 3+ connectors to replace one. That's just too much, and too much risk of someone getting confused with what goes where, even if it's labeled.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Batcade:

They are edge connectors

Well, there went my suggestion. That was the only reason I could see not to use two, and the concern of them not fitting or maintaining proper alignment is entirely valid. Ugh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-idc-pins-help?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.