(Topic ID: 44036)

Removing Congo Lower Playfield help.

By flipper_fever76

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I just picked up a Congo the other day. Spent last night tearing everything down on the topside and replacing bulbs/cleaning ect. Actually pretty easy teardown I think, first time i did it and didn't have some random hardware left over...lol. There quite a few bulbs out in the lower playfield assembly and it really needs a cleaning as well so being I'm kind snowed in today this is what is on the agenda. Just figured I'd ping you guys whilest I eat my breakfast and see if there is anything in particular I should look out for. Any tips or tricks for someone who might have some experience would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I removed one last week to replace the window and clean the playfield. Its very easy, you just unscrew 4 nuts. It takes about 2 minutes. Don't forget that the ball is in there and doesn't come crashing down. I never undid the wiring to it and was able to hold it in one hand and give it a good cleaning with the other. I put 3led bulbs in the congo letters and it looks really good.

#3 11 years ago

thanks don. yeah, I completely removed it, very easy. Gave everything a thorough cleaning and waxing, fixed all the bulbs ect. I pulled the glass too, you wouldn't believe how much wax was between the pf and the glass. Got it all back together, looks 100 percent better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-congo-lower-playfield-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.