By frenchmarky

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

45733557_2246071372093845_5163561742273347584_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Hey Mark...long time no speak...Sean Kavanagh here...

Anyways - yes, total PITA to remove...you have to remove the entire litebox insert to get the BG out. And usually the screws that hold the insert when it's pulled down so you can access the bulbs...and the little hinge/clip that holds the insert upright when it back in position.

Basically I just remove everything, since I'm always being super careful with the glass itself. It SEEMS like you can sneak it out by not removing everything...but I really don't think it's possible...

#8 5 years ago

No doubt it's a shitty system...but better than the earlier woodrails from BOTH GTB and WLMS where the BG slid out of the top of the head...while that made it super easy to switch the glass and change bulbs, it ruined countless original BGs scraping against the wood insert.

Both these systems also suck when a BG is flaking and you want to try to save as much as you can...

Joe said it...that little groove was a GREAT innovation...especially for us weirdos trying to restore these old games...

Good to see you back Mark. :0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-bg-from-50s-gtb-single-player?tu=Stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.