Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinytoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm going to be moving house in a few weeks and I need to remove the backboxes on my Xenon and Centaur to get them into the new property. I've been trying to trace the wires from the backboxes to determine just how difficult this is going to be. It's tricky to see where everything goes without actually starting to disconnect it all.

The wiring harness for the lights and displays is soldered onto the backboxes in quite a few places and so my main question is, does all the wiring from the backboxes terminate in either a junction box or connector somewhere? Basically, will I need to remove the wiring harness from the backboxes and have to resort to de-soldering to disconnect them, or can the wiring harness on the backboxes remain where it is as everything just disconnects?

I plan to photograph everything and label each connector and junction box carefully to make it easier to reconnect, but any additional tips will be welcome. I was able to get them in to my current property without needing to do this, so this will be new to me.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks for all your advice.

When I picked up my Centaur we got it out of the previous owners house by the rotating the backbox whilst still connected method. Trouble here is, we'll be relying on professional movers for our house move and whilst they say that they're happy to move my pins, I'm not sure how happy they'll be fiddling about rotating backboxes going through 2 doors. Also the front door goes into a corridor with a door on the side into the main part of the house. That turn might be difficult to negotiate with the backboxes attached, but if I've taken them off, it'll be easy.

Cheers

#19 9 years ago

I don't think they're solder hacks, looks to me that the backbox lighting and display harness was originally soldered in a few places. I think I would like to transport the backboxes myself, if the movers break the playfield glass it can be replaced, if they break the backbox glass, very difficult if not impossible to replace even if insured as it will be!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 10.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 90.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
£ 195.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinytoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-bally-backbox-any-advice?tu=tinytoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.