Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4059.jpg
IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4054.jpg
IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4064.jpg
IMG_4051.jpg
image-474.jpg
image-303.jpg
image-227.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

I wouldn't leave the boards in the game while you are sanding and painting even if they are masked off.

It looks confusing at first but after you get the playfield harness and cabinet harness out there's not many connectors left. And at that point you could just take the light panel off (they look really nice with a new coat of white gloss btw) and pull the ground plate out with all the boards attached ( if you don't feel comfortable removing them individually)

The head will be much easier to move around and no chance to damage any boards

#23 4 years ago

1. Yes sand all the way. Wood fill sand more. You want a very smooth surface for decal application so you don't see any of the wood imperfections under the decal

2. The playfield harness is actually 3 harness tied together: switches, lamps, and high voltage (coils and flashers). So yes when removed you can group together and make some sense of things

3. Yes. Pull everything out of the backbox to clean

#24 4 years ago

Couple pics of wpc backboxs in various stages

First still in the game connected. Second harness removed. Third and forth putting it back together

image.jpg image-227.jpg image-303.jpg image-474.jpg
#40 4 years ago

The text on the back is screen printed. One of the first games I did I tapped off the text and painted. It looked ok. But it was a black head. Not sure if the blue would be better or worse. New screen print is the way to go

Reach out to your local pin community and see if anyone has a backbox screen you could borrow.

#43 4 years ago

In that case just tape off the entire back and don't touch it. You won't notice a color difference between the sides and the back as much

#48 4 years ago

I used gloss on my wh20. Do t have pics on my phone. If you want I can snap a few later tonight.

I also use the painters touch primer.

#49 4 years ago

Yes. I think the blue only came in gloss. Well at my local menards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside