Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinbuoy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Can anyone tell me if removing a back box on a whirlwind is is no big issue.
I am looking at picking one up but my trailer is snowed in so I have to use my Murano SUV.
It sounds from the seller its about 1/2" too tall folded over.
My 89 BL2K comes apart easy and all connections are simple and seemed to only fit one way, no 2 connections alike.
I think when the seller measured they measured where they assumed the box would be at on playfield when folded over,I know that can change with the arch of the hinge so it could be a difference of another 1/2 to 1 inch.
Also if the blower fans come off easy.
Hate to make a 3+ hr drive just to find out its only 1/4" too tall.
Seller said 31" folded down.
Thanks

#2 11 years ago

If you have a 2009 or newer Murano his measurements are correct it will not fit with the head folded down. I have a 09 Murano and to my surprise the hinge/motor unit on the rear ceiling gets in the way.

Removing the head is really quit simple, however what I would do is remove the side hinge bracket from the head and move the head enough to get by the hing/motor unit on your Murano. This way you won't need to disconnect all the cable in the head.

Make sure you secure the head once moved and loaded.

#3 11 years ago

Topper is also easy to take off. Just make sure to ask the seller what sort of screws are holding in on. Mine had those star shaped security screws so I had to run to Ace to get the right bit.
The fan comes off very easily too. A few bolts and a molex connection.

When I had to remove the head of my Sorcerer to get it into my basement (wider than most games) I made sure to label each connection (male and female side) with a sharpie and a letter from the alphabet.
Made it much quicker to plug everything back in.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks guys.
Yes it is a 09,what a coincidence.
This car sucks for that, everything flies around in the back while driving and just small enough that 4x8 items don't fit.
So there is enough room or wire length to slide the box toward the coin door, or further down the playfield slope?
Its a 3 1/2 hour drive, and 2K, so hopefully its worth it at the end.But where I am at,pins are very few and all seem to be at least 2 1/2hr away@ min.
Thanks again

#5 11 years ago

Best of luck and Enjoy your new game. I still miss mine. Great game.

#6 11 years ago

I have to take all the heads off to get down into my basement so I can confirm what everyone said. It's no big deal; just take pictures and mark all the connections. You'd be suprised how many times I've had to refer to looking at the pics as I have sloppy handwriting.

#7 11 years ago

Well, before I had a chance to go see it sold.
Still looking for a 3rd pin around Iowa,not set on any one, but would like one in the 40's + list of top 100.
Tempting to go evilbay,IA area is as Jedd Clampett would say " PEETYFULL"
Thanks for previous help

3 years later
#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

If you have a 2009 or newer Murano his measurements are correct it will not fit with the head folded down. I have a 09 Murano and to my surprise the hinge/motor unit on the rear ceiling gets in the way.
Removing the head is really quit simple, however what I would do is remove the side hinge bracket from the head and move the head enough to get by the hing/motor unit on your Murano. This way you won't need to disconnect all the cable in the head.
Make sure you secure the head once moved and loaded.

I'm resurrecting this

So the older Muranos, SYS11 WPC and Sterns fit into?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-backbox-on-a-whirlwind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.