• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-663.jpg
image-620.jpg
#1 10 years ago

image-620.jpgimage-620.jpgI'm wanting to remove my JP battery pack and I have a few questions. I have attached a picture. I assume that I have to desolder the 6 points on the back. What soldering iron do you recommend and what temp should I have it set on? I have a soldering iron, but you can't adjust the temp on it. I shouldn't use that one, correct? Also, there seems to be some rubbery glue of some sort under the holder. Do I just pull the holder off after I desolder. How do I know if I took enough solder off?

There is a nice description of how to install a remote battery pack on pinwiki. I just need help removing the old one.

#2 10 years ago

This is for anyone who may also know as little as I do about these things. I thought I would follow up on what I learned. There are only two points that are soldered into the board. I circled them in the following picture. You can actually see the little wires poking through.
image-663.jpgimage-663.jpg

Thanks to Chris Hibler (the man is a saint and truly invaluable to this hobby) I learned that I needed to pry off the left side of the battery holder. The only thing holding that side is was an ample amount of rubbery glue. It took some guts as a first-timer, to "pry" anything on my MPU, but Chris was right on. I then heated the solder on the back, one point at a time and slid the contacts out of the hole. Whew.

It may seem really silly to most of you who have already cut your teeth in the hobby, but this was a anxiety inducing experience that was met with the relief of success. The rest of the procedure for installing a remote holder can be found at pinwiki.

Thanks again to Chris Hibler

Peace out

#3 10 years ago

If you don't feel comfortable with a soldering iron on a board, simply use diagonal cutters (dikes) to snip the two leads coming out of the holder, done.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4 10 years ago

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

#5 10 years ago

If you want to remove them with a soldering iron, go to Radio Shack and purchase a 25 - 40 watt iron. It takes a bit of extra heat to remove larger terminals.
Also, you could try Harbor Freight or Northern Tools for a cheap iron.
Dont forget to buy some solder and some copper solder wick at the Radio Shack to help clean out the holes if you desire. This would be a good practice lesson.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-a-jurassic-park-de-battery-pack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.