Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TimBoch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

The cliffy on the neutral zone of my STTNG has a slight bend and will not allow me to hit the target and drop in the hole. As a result, I am unable to trigger any of the side modes or hit the hole with the cannon during the battle simulation. I attempted to remove it from the top, but it’s in there pretty firmly. Does anyone know how to safely remove this without scratching up the playfield? Thank you!

#2 1 year ago

The protectors are designed to do just that, protect the playfield. They take a lot of abuse and will occasionally bend out of shape. When it occurs, I remove them as gently as possible. Sometimes you have to really work to get them out.

If it can't be straightened out, order a new one from Cliffy.

#3 1 year ago

I use the freeze spray method to remove with plastic razor. And always wax before you reinstall makes it easier next time around.

Now that I think of it that cliffy Might not have a two sided Tape on it.

#4 1 year ago

My neutral zone hole cliffy does not have any adhesive. Mine also got bent after many years of play. The small securing foot got bent and it wouldn't hold to the underside of the playfield. It is pretty easy to remove. I found rebending the little foot to take some effort after getting it out because it is a really well made protector in my opinion and likes to hold its shape.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside