Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Need to remove the backglass from my Gottlieb Score-Board from 1955.

Before I start it looks like one of the side parts to the frame around the head comes off and then the backglass slides out?

Rather than the usual pain of the single player woodies where you need to take the entire mechanics of the head assembly out first, then remove from the back.

#2 6 years ago

It's not the usual somewhat deranged set up where the backbox board folds back and the bg is kind of worked on out?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It's not the usual somewhat deranged set up where the backbox board folds back and the bg is kind of worked on out?

Not really. Have a look inside.
My admittedly vague recollection is that you have to remove the screws along the top and bottom edge of the backbox insert.
But what happens if you pull the metal slides on the left and right side?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Hmmmm, that's kind of puzzling.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-a-backglass-from-a-multiplayer-50s-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.