(Topic ID: 122368)

Removed everything from playfield, now what?

By rmillman

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200-1.gif
    DSCN3579.JPG
    DSCN3573.JPG
    DSCN3572.JPG
    DSCN3571.JPG

#1 9 years ago

OK, I've read a lot of vid's thread and other threads about restoring a playfield, but one thing I either missed, or haven't seen yet is what to do after you remove everything from the top of the playfield. I started to clean the playfield (EarthShaker). I am following http://www.pinballrehab.com/1-articles/pinball-restoration/playfield/139-cleaning-playfield to do the cleaning. I was surprised at how much cleaned up after vacuuming. But the real question I am asking is: With all of the playfield posts that were screwed into the field, after I removed them, there are a lot of raised areas on the playfield from the posts. If this were a sheet of plywood, I would sand it, but of course this is a playfield. Not sure the best way to knock this down. I have tried pushing, but not always successful.
    I was going to try using a buffer with the prewax cleaner, but I am afraid it will catch and either cause damage to the buffer or the playfield.
    What do you guys do? I could take a block and hammer it down. Just thought I would learn from you guys.

Thanks

#3 9 years ago

Butt end of a hard screwdriver handle and a love tap from above with a small hammer on the business end of said screwdriver.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from rmillman:

what to do after you remove everything from the top of the playfield.

One word...
    Breakdance!!!

200-1.gif200-1.gif

#5 9 years ago

Thanks, Here are some high resolution pictures.

In the first three, you can see the divots, but in the fourth, you can see what looks like a nail that went through the bottom of the playfield into the top and caused some splintering. This is next to the wooden ball rail (near the shooter).

Looking for recommendations on what to do about any of those issues. Feel free to make any other recommendations as well. I haven't removed the mylar yet, I think that will be my next step.

In order to see the divots, you will have to zoom in and look at the smaller post holes.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

DSCN3571.JPGDSCN3571.JPG DSCN3572.JPGDSCN3572.JPG DSCN3573.JPGDSCN3573.JPG DSCN3579.JPGDSCN3579.JPG
    #6 9 years ago

didn't CPR make ES? or you rather restore your current field

doesn't look bad, inserts look very nice

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removed-everything-from-playfield-now-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.