Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumb_wheni-talk-on-the-phone-at-my-house-this-is-14991782 (resized).png
    SweetSweater (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 12.00.11 PM (resized).png
    top100 (resized).png
    top100.gif
    top100 (resized).JPG
    07F4A8C4-48E9-4414-BB15-B14DC437BB2E (resized).jpeg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I wish there was a button to remove the top 100 useless posts!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Oh ya, I forgot about that one too.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would they do that when having a top 100 list helps drive untold traffic to the site, which, in turn, pays their bills? It's probably the most successful advertisement for Pinside, and it costs them nothing. If you google "best pinball machines" (or a number of other searches) it's the number 1 listing.
    If Pinside ran Pinside it would be tits up in a month.

Sorry Levi, I wasn’t arguing that it would be a good business decision. It was more about the fantasy of an intellectually honest ranking system.

The bias/“latest is the greatest” list should not claim legitimacy.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Sorry Levi, I wasn’t arguing that it would be a good business decision. It was more about the fantasy of an intellectually honest ranking system.
    The bias/“latest is the greatest” list should not claim legitimacy.

Where does it “claim legitimacy?”

It’s just a numbered list of opinions. Which by definition cannot be “illegitimate.”

It amazes me how this dumb list lives inside the heads of so many pinsiders.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s just a numbered list of opinions. Which by definition cannot be “illegitimate.”

But I bought this $15k toy telling my wife that itll always be $15k, if it goes from #3 down to #167 then I cant sell it for $15k anymore and my wife will be right in saying its stupid to spend $15k on a pinball machine!!!

#56 1 year ago

I have a couple games that are really good, because the list says so…

Robert

#57 1 year ago

Do people really specify in their game adds that this game is worth more because of its ranking in any list? Not sure Ive ever seen an ad in the decades of collecting.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Do people really specify in their game adds that this game is worth more because of its ranking in any list? Not sure Ive ever seen an ad in the decades of collecting.

In the darkest depths of Craigslist you will indeed occasionally see someone refer to this list when hawking an overpriced game.

I doubt it’s ever actually translated to an additional dollar on a sale of a game.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I see reference to PinSide ranking all the time on our local Craigslist.....whether that translates into $ is anyones guess

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe I just have a headache from rolling my eyes every time I read “this game is great! It’s ranked #x on Pinside”

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I see reference to PinSide ranking all the time on our local Craigslist.....whether that translates into $ is anyones guess

Ah, Craigslist. Never sold/bought there.

#62 1 year ago

I like how nobody can give a serious answer to such an easy question..

https://www.proxomitron.info/

This solves the problem entirely. You can create filtering rules that can strip out the graphic, link, CSS, whatever. This guy is probably on a good starting point, but you're probably going to have to dig deeper if you want to remove the thing completely from sight.

Looks like there's still some occasional activity on this forum as well: https://prxbx.com/forums/

Don't ask me to figure it out for you.

Quoted from slag:

I don't write html but I'd try commenting out line 188...
    [quoted image]

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Ah, Craigslist. Never sold/bought there.

You have to weed out all the bottom feeders, but I've had way more success selling on our local Craigslist than PinSide. Probably because there are a lot of local collectors (and most are active on PinSide).

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

You have to weed out all the bottom feeders, but I've had way more success selling on our local Craigslist than PinSide. Probably because there are a lot of local collectors (and most are active on PinSide).

I have actually done well on Craigslist, just sold Jurassic Park The Lost World for $300 more than I had it listed on Pinside.

#65 1 year ago

Jeez man, just don't click on it if it bothers you so much. Why should everyone be denied the top 100 because some snowflake doesn't like it. I find the top100 useful as long as you ignore the top 20-25 or so. The top 25 definitely seems pumped up by the latest greatest machines but if you look from 25 or so up it seems pretty accurate from a fun factor standpoint. Of course there are some in the top 25 that belong there but take it with a grain of salt.

Can't believe I posted in another stupid top 100 thread.....

#66 1 year ago

I actual like reading the descriptions by everyone. Although I look at the ‘rating’ it doesn’t really effect me.

Just kind of scrolling for quick hit stuff seeing how many people say they love the theme, or kids are drawn to it, beginners, run into issues, code stuff, etc. there’s actual quite a bit of good information if you can look past the scores.

Not sure if anyone on here has ‘Untappd’ the beer rating app. I truly find that to be waaaay worse. All ratings systems suck because they are controlled by humans giving their opinion.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

All ratings systems suck because they are controlled by humans giving their opinion.

I think you may have inadvertently led us to a possible solution.

It's simple...let bots do the ratings. Gather up siri, Alexa, cortana, and google assistant, then let them rate all the games

#68 1 year ago

It's been a while since I looked at the top 100 so I had to see what all the fuss was about. To my surprise I made a huge mistake selling the #5 game the other day but keeping the #10, #57, and #61 games. Damn it I should have let the top 100 make all my decisions for me.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

The pinside top 100 is almost as offensive as the name Pussy Galore on the James Bond playfield!

or the vibrating butt plug toy.....

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

All ratings systems suck because they are controlled by humans giving their opinion.

I say this every time; it's just the simple truth.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

The op has even rated 13 games for the TOP 100.
    Why rate the games? Makes no sense.
    [quoted image]

Well looking at that list I am gonna guess he is salty that Alien got bumped out of first place.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Baggerman:

or the vibrating butt plug toy.....

WTF ?

#73 1 year ago

Haven't you heard? The missile looks like a DILDO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAA isn't that funny and original? They should have made the missile shaped like a box, as not to conjure up any phallic imagery.

#74 1 year ago

I'm in favor of removing tops..... It's getting hot in here.. take off all your....

#75 1 year ago

Every time you see the link just hit it with a hammer.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think you may have inadvertently led us to a possible solution.
    It's simple...let bots do the ratings. Gather up siri, Alexa, cortana, and google assistant, then let them rate all the games

I just asked Siri what her favorite pinball machine is but unfortunately, she said she is software so she doesn't get to choose. I kept nagging her, and she finally told me she was happy to go with my opinion on this one. Therefore, moving forward I alone will be making the official Pinside Top 100 ranking and will have the full backing of Siri (as long as nobody else asks her the same question and she gives them the same answer).

It will take me a few minutes to reorder the list correctly but as a hint of what is to come, Godzilla at the top spot will be replaced with Attack from Mars.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just asked Siri what her favorite pinball machine is but unfortunately, she said she is software so she doesn't get to choose. I kept nagging her, and she finally told me she was happy to go with my opinion on this one. Therefore, moving forward I alone will be making the office Pinside Top 100 ranking and will have the full backing of Siri (as long as nobody else asks her the same question and she gives them the same answer).
    It will take me a few minutes to reorder the list correctly but as a hint of what is to come, Godzilla at the top spot will be replaced with Attack from Mars.

Your list offends me. Is there any way that I can hide it so it doesn’t negatively affect my Pinside experience?

#78 1 year ago

Replace the 'Top 100' with a new Top 100...

My suggestion...Top 100 Knitted Sweaters...

SweetSweater (resized).jpgSweetSweater (resized).jpg
    #79 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your list offends me. Is there any way that I can hide it so it doesn’t negatively affect my Pinside experience?

See post #75

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

My suggestion...Top 100 Knitted Sweaters...[quoted image]

I remember when I first had the idea for knitted sweaters back in 2005...

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am offended over your offence. Do we cancel each other out?

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Replace the 'Top 100' with a new Top 100...
    My suggestion...Top 100 Knitted Sweaters...[quoted image]

Turtle necks were awesome, it was like having a “snot rag” wrapped around your neck. Very convenient when I was in grammar school.

#83 1 year ago

I genuinely love pinside and what the staff and Robin have accomplished, however I’ve also read some real dumb shit here in the last 11 years.

This topic is now the new standard for stupid.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I genuinely love pinside and what the staff and Robin has accomplished, however I’ve also read some real dumb shit here in the last 11 years.
    This topic is now the new standard for stupid.

I vote “looming recession” thread!

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I vote “looming recession” thread!

Meh it’s up there.

This one is just out there. The top 100 brings traffic to the site and is a great compilation for new players.

#88 1 year ago

Might as well have the option. Snowflake Pinsiders can block other Pinsiders when they get butt hurt or offended.

#89 1 year ago

Sweaters offend me.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Sweaters offend me.

I find penny loafers even more offensive.

#91 1 year ago

Ironically, the top 100 was the only reason I would visit Pinside back when RGP ruled the pinball forums. Now it is an annoyance (the rankings, not the reviews).

#92 1 year ago

I support the Top 100 and approve this message. Lol

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

The op has even rated 13 games for the TOP 100.
    Why rate the games? Makes no sense.
    [quoted image]

Ranks Alien above Medieval Madness and Indiana Jones… and now the motivation is clear

Speaking of Indiana Jones, I’m sure people who’s fav is crystal skull also want rotten tomatoes taken town.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Are we now at the point if we don't agree with something or use a service we just get rid of it? I do not enjoy the McRib but I don't go into McDonalds and ask them to take down their sign because I don't want to look at it driving by.

Cancel culture? I dunno. Nor do I give a crap.

I’m a phone talkin’, liquor drinkin’, woman flirtin’ old school man who won’t carry a gun cuz there’s a difference between a whoopin and a beating. Something most of these younger fellas shoulda had their Daddy teach em.

I also listen when spoken to, hold doors for our Ladies and speak to folks with courtesy. And I don’t whine when life groin kicks.
    Back on topic, apologies for the rant, top 100 is fun drama and nothing more.

#95 1 year ago

thumb_wheni-talk-on-the-phone-at-my-house-this-is-14991782 (resized).pngthumb_wheni-talk-on-the-phone-at-my-house-this-is-14991782 (resized).png

#96 1 year ago

Is this what happens when people get tired of talking about why CCRLE is delayed?

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from TahoeTony:

Is this what happens when people get tired of talking about why CCRLE is delayed?

Welcome fellow pinball enthusiast!

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from TahoeTony:

Or rinse and repeat what's the next stern ideas

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from TahoeTony:

CCr LE, most Sterns. But don’t worry. TS4 is readily available. BWAHAHAHA

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remove-top-100/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.