Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images_(1).jpg
WP_000003_(3).jpg

#1 6 years ago

My LOTR I bought huo from the original seller came with 2 glass stickers. I am not sure they are even authentic to this pin as the seller had many HUO sterns in his collection and could have swapped glass over other sales. Either way I am not entirely in love with them as the right one even makes it hard to see the eye mirror about the tower. Is it a sacrilege to remove them? And if I do am I looking at a goo mess after all these years?

#2 6 years ago

Pic

WP_000003_(3).jpg

#4 6 years ago

If you go to sell, no sticker equates to a lower machine value.

#5 6 years ago

Yeah, I've got to agree. They just look awful on LOTR. The one on my Tron doesn't bother me though. Does that make me a hypocrite?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

#7 6 years ago

Scrape it off w a razor blade. Remove glue w lighter fluid or naphtha.

#8 6 years ago

"If you go to sell, no sticker equates to a lower machine value."

Is that true? Joking right?

#9 6 years ago

Has to be a joke - but I agree I like my new stern sticks on my new games. But they are not that ugly like on LOTR

#10 6 years ago

Goo Gone is a miracle worker with pretty much any glue/sticker residue. Inexpensive and extremely useful. Razor blade to scrape the sticker, then Goo Gone to clean up the residue.

#11 6 years ago

gently scrape it off whole with a razor blade and some heat from a blow dryer and after it is removed place on waxpaper. you can then store it with the other documentation.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

"If you go to sell, no sticker equates to a lower machine value."

Is that true? Joking right?

If it is true I'm totally going to start printing those stickers and selling them for $5...

#13 6 years ago

Still have the original flag one with Bally Pinball Made in the USA on my TZ.

Looks nice, never really thought of removing it.

LTG : )

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Only to a difficult buyer, and you don't need to deal with people like that anyway. I took mine off on day one.

#15 6 years ago

I took mine off my Tron LE and every other NIB game for that matter on DAY ONE!

I always slap them on the bottom of the cab inside the coin door beneath the coin tray.

And no, it will definitely NOT lower the value (that's just stupid). However removing the "goodie bag" is a no no in some higher end collectors eyes. (I always just leave mine stapled if its there)

#16 6 years ago

I've heard the stickers increase coil power by 5%.

#17 6 years ago

Just recycle them onto other games. That way you can advertise them falsely as HUO machines just like everyone else seems to do anymore when selling machines

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from sixstring:

gently scrape it off whole with a razor blade and some heat from a blow dryer and after it is removed place on waxpaper. you can then store it with the other documentation.

You don't have to scrape. They're thick ...same as the decals on the aprons & coindoors. They come off easily & as I recall don't even leave any residue....if there is any, a little Goo-Gone will take it off in two seconds.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I took mine off my TRON LE and every other NIB game for that matter on DAY ONE!
I always slap them on the bottom of the cab inside the coin door beneath the coin tray.
And no, it will definitely NOT lower the value (that's just stupid). However removing the "goodie bag" is a no no in some higher end collectors eyes. (I always just leave mine stapled if its there)

We'll see what a purist has to say about that.

#20 6 years ago

No wonder I can't see out my window!!!!

images_(1).jpg

#21 6 years ago

Do look bad on lotr, I came into this thread thinking I'd say leave them on as my RBION still has it's stickers and looks great but i'd remove those lotr ones

#22 6 years ago

Leaving the sticker on playfield glass is the same as leaving one on your baseball cap. Just looks lame.

#23 6 years ago

Leaving the sticker on playfield glass is like buying a brand new super comfy couch and then slapping plastics covers on it!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I took mine off my TRON LE and every other NIB game for that matter on DAY ONE!

If a collector tried to talk me down in price because I removed the goodie bag, I would laugh and say you need a better line then that. You can talk me down if you like but not because of a goodie bag. Having the goodie bag stapled might be a selling point, but I doubt its a good tool for negotiation.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Quoted from MrBally:

We'll see what a purist has to say about that.

Nominee's for a couple of the most ridiculous posts ever.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Never even thought of leaving mine in. If it costs me a couple hundred to someone when I sell because I took the bag out, so be it. That's just silly to me and really I don't even want to deal with a buyer that would try and talk me down on a HUO game I bought NIB because of that.

On the original post, those stickers are horrible in that picture, take them off. I actually like and leave the new Made In the USA stickers on my Sterns. I swap around my playfield glasses a lot on all my games and I can always find my "newer/better" glass with those stickers on.

#27 6 years ago

Good to hear all the posts. I can't wait to remove them

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#29 6 years ago

Remove man.

#30 6 years ago

use hair dryer or heat gun and it will come right off and won't be wrecked .

#31 6 years ago

Yup, I plan to take the glass off and heat with a hair dryer. I hope to keep them in tact.

#32 6 years ago

Someone needs to create a video for this mod and sell them. And, make sure that you list this mod when you sell. Desticker Mod. Should add at least 15.00.

I'm totally just joking here...and I can't believe this deserves discussion.

#33 6 years ago

I hear ya but being a noob I didn't want to just pull them off since someone who owned it for 10 years before me kept them on. I figured I'd check first at least.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Do look bad on lotr, I came into this thread thinking I'd say leave them on as my RBION still has it's stickers and looks great but i'd remove those lotr ones

Mine is still on RBION too. I like it.

#35 6 years ago

People should do whatever floats their boat, but leaving those stickers on the glass is one of my biggest pet peeves. The only time I ever leave it on is when I immediately pull the glass on a new game and replace it with PDI or Invisiglass. I keep the sticker on just so I can easily identify which pieces of glass in storage are brand new.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yup, I plan to take the glass off and heat with a hair dryer. I hope to keep them in tact.

Again - you don't need to do this. These are thick lexan decals....they come right off, prob won't leave residue, you can stick 'em to your coinbox or something to keep them intact.

#37 6 years ago

If I was buying your pin I would be glad to see them removed.

Nice looking LOTR by the way!

2 weeks later
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#39 6 years ago

They are also easy to take off with a hammer and chisel.

#40 6 years ago

If you are worried about the resale, but another sheet of glass and put the original aside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside