Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gott72
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello all,
Thinking to buy this pinball which requires some repairs on the cabinets.
So my question is how difficult or time consuming is to remove all the electronics from the cabinets so it can be prepared for repair and painting?
is this something should a beginner that never done it should consider?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

will you need to remove the braiding for this repair?

Well I want to remove everything from the cabinet so I can only have the woods send it a friend shop for repair, paint and etc.
Now as far as the braiding, can it stays in the cabine?

#5 2 years ago

Actually this is an EM pinball. Would that makes it even more challenging?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

No it's easy enough to take everything out of an EM. Might have to pull a few staples.
See Vid's Guide for removing side rails, that is probably the toughest part.

Great. Looking forward for the challenge
The pinball has a new playing field but cabinet is in a horrible shape, cracks, dents, scratches, broken pieces of wood.
So need a major repair, paint, new stenciles.

One other question. Is it easy to make new cabinet by reverse engineer the existing one?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

easier if you have the equipment to make accurate cuts and compound angle joints.
since modern glues are a lot better, usually people keep the joinery simple and it's strong enough, so they don't make the cabinet the same way and only the dimensions matter.
if your current cabinet is too far gone to repair, I'd consider trying to find another cabinet from a parts machine that's in better shape and start with that. Making a cabinet from plywood sheets is only economical if the labor is free and you already have the needed equipment.
typically the only cabinet that can't be repaired is rot / termite damage or massive delamination of the plywood layers - or swollen/moldy particle board if the cabinet used that.

actually I saw a few videos on youtbe regarding as how to fix / repair the woods and not that bad. basically the process is very easy and straight
forward. It seems bondo is the fix

#12 2 years ago

wow, beautiful. Thanks for the link

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know why it always has to be a mystery as to what the actual game is. Always leaves me in suspense.

Sorry for that. The machine is 1975 Bally Wizard.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

What game? What manufacturer?
I can (and so can you) completely gut and empty out a Williams or Bally EM in under 15 minutes, and that includes removing the back bars, flippers mech’s & coin door. Gottlieb’s are a big “PITA”, but it can be done.

1975 Bally Wizard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remove-everything-from-cabinet?tu=borna and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.