(Topic ID: 241121)

Remote Control Pinball

By screaminr

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you want new pins to come with a remote control ”

• No 12 votes
      46%
    • Yes 5 votes
      19%
    • Who gives a crap 9 votes
      35%

(26 votes)

#1 5 years ago

It occurred to me why don't new pins come with a remote control . Even with just on , off , volume up and down and mute . If you put some effort into it you should also be able to adjust your settings . I brought $20 dinosaur toy for a nephew and it came with remote that makes it walk back and forwards makes the eyes light up and also roaring sounds , I also have a $15 fan which has settings for on off , fan speeds rotating settings and a sleep timer . Hell even LED strips come with remote for on , off , light colours and blinking modes , yet we don't get a remote on a machine that cost thousands of dollars . We have to reach under cabinets and to back boxes to turn the machines on and off and find the keys to open Coin door to adjust the volume like cavemen . It's About Time pins caught up with the present .

#2 5 years ago

You mean something like this? https://www.pinballlife.com/pinball-wireless-remote-control-for-stern-whitestar-system-machines.html

I had one of these in my AC/DC, and it was great for adjusting volume and using the menus

#3 5 years ago

All my pins are on a remote controller power strip, I turn them all on or off with a button. I know plenty of people do that too, it's super easy to do, and definitely convenient. I can't imagine wanting to walk over and find the remote when I could just pop the coin door to adjust the volume though, especially as I just don't do it all that often.

#4 5 years ago

I was given a Sharper Image Galaxy wall mount pinball machine (with "banana shaped" Flippers) for Christmas before Sharper Image's demise. The flippers and game start, player numbers are all by wireless remote.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

You mean something like this? https://www.pinballlife.com/pinball-wireless-remote-control-for-stern-whitestar-system-machines.html
    I had one of these in my AC/DC, and it was great for adjusting volume and using the menus

Hadn't seen that before but yes something like that would be good

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I could just pop the coin door to adjust the volume though, especially as I just don't do it all that often.

I find the mute button on jjp pins really handy if I want to hear something on the TV or someone is calling me , a lot quicker and easier than opening the coin door

10 months later
    #7 4 years ago

People talk about internet connectivity , but we still don't get a remote control on a machine worth thousands .

#8 4 years ago

Well , the people have spoken . By a massive 6 votes to 3 people don't want a remote control for their pinball machine .

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

We have to reach under cabinets and to back boxes to turn the machines on and off and find the keys to open Coin door to adjust the volume like cavemen

I use my Zwave controller paired with Alexa to turn things on and off. Walk downstairs, say "Computer, turn on Alien Star" and viola', it turns on. Say "Computer, turn on Pinball Party", a scene runs for lighting and all 21 machines turn on.

My problem with a remote is that I would have one remote for each machine, which would get really annoying when you have more than one or two machines. As for volume, I rarely ever change it and leave my keys in the door.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remote-control-pinball-?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.