Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F20BD13-2ED8-45D3-AC7C-2972C40C111B (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20171101-100814.png
    IMG_20171101_1002198.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6802 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0F3FB09D-7BEC-479C-AEB2-CD7BE3BE1F87 (resized).jpeg
    aligator (resized).jpg
    battery (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

What am I missing in this thread?
    I use a remote battery pack for less than a buck, long leads soldered to, and run far away from the board. Dozens and dozens later, no issues. Just change your batteries every other year or so. Simple.

Yes, good too. I have a mix of off board batteries and memory caps. I have the off board battery packs on my System 11s, Ballys have memory caps. I have a memory cap on DE Secret Service. Cue Ball Wizard and Revenge from mars have lithium coin cells.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

When changing AAs from the battery holder...
    You need to turn your machine on first and then change the batteries correct?
    I just purchased lithiums and kept the receipt along with a screen grab of their website guaranteeing no leaking.

I bought these Energizer batteries last year because I was concerned with leaking. Problem I had was after spending $50 on these batteries, 70% of the batteries had lost their power. My games were resetting to factory defaults. Checked all batteries with multi tester and they were either dead or almost dead. I bought them at Walgreens and their expiration dates were like 2021. Energizer company sent me a $15 voucher to replace them. I didn't replace them with lithiums, lost faith. Disappointed because I was concerned about acid and thought they were the answer.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from dawasa:

I bought these Energizer batteries last year because I was concerned with leaking. Problem I had was after spending $50 on these batteries, 70% of the batteries had lost their power. My games were resetting to factory defaults. Checked all batteries with multi tester and they were either dead or almost dead. I bought them at Walgreens and their expiration dates were like 2021. Energizer company sent me a $15 voucher to replace them. I didn't replace them with lithiums, lost faith. Disappointed because I was concerned about acid and thought they were the answer.

Sounds like you got a faulty batch. That's really unfortunate.

After reading your post I checked my lithium's with a multi meter and they seem fully juiced.

4 years later
    #54 1 year ago

Bit of an old thread, but have a customer having an issue with a remote battery holder in his cyclone. I believe cyclone is a system 11b, which should be positive terminal in lower left and negative in upper right. Can anyone confirm? Thx

5F20BD13-2ED8-45D3-AC7C-2972C40C111B (resized).jpeg5F20BD13-2ED8-45D3-AC7C-2972C40C111B (resized).jpeg
    #55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Bit of an old thread, but have a customer having an issue with a remote battery holder in his cyclone. I believe cyclone is a system 11b, which should be positive terminal in lower left and negative in upper right. Can anyone confirm? Thx
    [quoted image]

Pull out a multimeter and measure which one is connected to ground. That’s the negative one.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Pull out a multimeter and measure which one is connected to ground. That’s the negative one.

This is for a customer that doesn’t have technical experience, not for me. I’m pretty sure it’s right, but can’t figure out why his game isn’t holding settings.

#57 1 year ago

Well you can see the + and - on the board. Is this a photo of the actual board? Perhaps the batteries in the remote holder have leaked, dead, dry solder or broken connection etc. they should try putting some fresh batteries in the board itself.

#58 1 year ago

Yes, the orientation is correct. The only true way to ensure the retention voltage is getting to the ram and that there is not some other problem (i.e. open trace, bad diode etc.) is to measure the dc voltage directly at U25 (pin 24, expect something more than about 3.0 V for retention voltage)

You could always replace the RAM with NVRAM, get rid of the hokey spring clip external battery holder that can have a voltage drop, and be done with it.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remote-battery-holder-question-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.