(Topic ID: 213554)

Remote battery holder install

By jackd104

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    Remote battery holder install  Pinside Forum - Microsoft Internet Explorer prov_2018-04-09_16-44-08 (resized).png
    E8F43BF1-FE26-4C2F-B95C-3EBF01D2AE5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Install NVRAM in your TSPP. It is a plug in play, 30 second upgrade. Easy to change as a game ROM. http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

For the other games in your collection, if you're not wanting to do the soldering for NVRAM to remove the old RAM and install an IC socket, I could do the 3 for you, or upgrade to Lithium batteries that should not ever leak.

1 week later
    #25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

What I would do is de solder the old battery holder and solder in your new remote one. You can do what others have mentioned as well, just depends on your skill and how comfortable
    You are with soldering, but I’m sure folks have an opinion on this method as well

Unfortunately, you are too late. You have alkaline damage at minimum of what is in red. Yellow area is suspect.
    Remote battery holder install  Pinside Forum - Microsoft Internet Explorer prov_2018-04-09_16-44-08 (resized).pngRemote battery holder install Pinside Forum - Microsoft Internet Explorer prov_2018-04-09_16-44-08 (resized).png

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Just install lithium AA batteries. All problems solved. Never leak and no corrosive gases.

I say, just install NVRAM and never have to worry about throwing another single battery in the trash. Go green as they say.
    DE/Sega/Stern Whitestar boards already have the old RAM in a socket and anyone can change it who has changed a game ROM. True plug and play on those boards, 30 seconds and done.

For NVRAM on System 11 and WPC, I can install remove the old RAM and solder in an IC socket and install the NVRAM in 20 minutes. I'm willing to do this for anyone wanting my help.

1 week later
    #29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Good eye pinballmaniac40 but I was not talking about the damage to that board at all, as this thread has nothing to do with that. So, though I thank you for your keen eye, that does not help this guy. FYI look now my friend...

Yes, it is a good thread for it. Brings to the attention of what many people do not know what they are looking for when someone says to look for battery corrosion, much less the need to continuously change alkaline batteries or suffer their ill affects. It also shows the alternatives to batteries.

That is a very nicely done repair, Sir. Well done! +1 for NVRAM that never forgets.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remote-battery-holder-install?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.