Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by indy5mike
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0628 (resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

I bought three of these from pinball life and they didn't come with instructions. Have not been able to install them. I would appreciate any advice regarding how to install, particularly where the screws go and which direction. Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

the plastic and screws just clip into where the batteries used to be. The black wire goes to the negative (-) side and the red goes to the positive (+) side.

#3 7 years ago

The red wire is the plus so install with it to the right side pointing up in the old holder. Look on their site to see pictures.

#4 7 years ago

WPC game?
    Screw with red wire goes upper right.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#5 7 years ago

System 11 red screw/wire goes lower left.

#6 7 years ago

System 11

#7 7 years ago

I'm going to install in World Cup soccer and Demo man. Thanks for the tips on which wire is positive/negative. Are you saying that the screw clips on the outside of the battery compartment (with the white plastic part on the inside of the battery compartment)?

#8 7 years ago

Ptrav1 - thanks for the picture...now I get it

#9 7 years ago

dont just install that way because the two games you are putting them in are WPC and not system 11. Make sure the red wire goes to + and the black wire goes to the - side of the battery holder.

#10 7 years ago

Ok will do thanks for the advice everyone

#11 7 years ago

you can make this yourself using small pieces of dowel.
    I did and they work great. AA battery length is just on 2"

3 months later
    #12 7 years ago

I finally got around to installing this remote battery holder on my demo man and when I turned it off all of my settings re-set. Here are a few pictures. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

IMG_0628 (resized).JPGIMG_0628 (resized).JPG

IMG_0629 (resized).JPGIMG_0629 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

It is not working because you put them in the wrong slot. Flip flop them and it should work.

You should position red top right... What you have is for system 11.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks Spock. Just turned it around and it works

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomh52722:

Thanks Spock. Just turned it around and it works

Live Long And Prosper!

Quoted from galaga50:

you can make this yourself using small pieces of dowel.
    I did and they work great. AA battery length is just on 2"

I am making 26 of these tomorrow, only cost me about $20.

#16 7 years ago

You had to snap/melt the middle bar off?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

You had to snap/melt the middle bar off?

I think the part he broke off is what was worth $18. Just a word of advice for new people entering the hobby. This battery holder you can make yourself for about $0.70 each. Pinball Life is just trying to make a crap load of money off people.

#18 7 years ago

What I struggle with is how is it that someone cannot know which way a AA battery is inserted?? I mean, this has to be a wind up right?

#19 7 years ago

It also took him 3 months to figure out how to install the battery. Incorrectly.

#20 7 years ago

Thanks for your comments. This was very low on my priority list and I didn't bother trying for quite a while. I am so lucky to be affiliated with such brilliant people such as yourselves to judge my timing and ability to install parts with no instructions and wiring with no positive or negative labels. Congratulations on your wisdom, it is truly an honor that you took the time to reply.

#21 7 years ago

Sorry for the sarcasm. Vulcans are notorious for struggling with expressing themselves. I am glad you got it to work.

#22 7 years ago

Just curious, why did you take out the middle connector? Was there a fit issue? Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remote-battery-holder-install-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.