Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
size0 (resized).jpg
9014489D-63AA-4C2E-8D8A-143A33D65034 (resized).jpeg
NYC (resized).jpg
CRW_4136.jpg
Screenshot_20200911-004718~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

I just lowered my flag to half mast for the day in honor of those we lost.

The other day I walked over to chat with a neighbor a few houses up and across the street. There was another neighbor in adjoining driveway that I hadn't met before, so I introduced myself. When I did, he said, "Your the flag guy, right?" I said, "Yes, I am.", and I couldn't have been more proud to learn that I was known as the flag guy by my neighbors.

CRW_4136.jpgCRW_4136.jpg
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I was the flag guy in my old neighborhood. I do not think I can have a flag pole in my new neighborhood, but will have a house mount or something for sure.

Well, that's another story. I was the first to have one in the neighborhood, then I received a nice letter from the HOA stating that I couldn't. Went back and forth for a couple of weeks, and eventually I won permission to keep it. Within the first few months I had several walkers (I'm in a cul-de-sac with a green belt and walkway at the end) ask me about it, then I slowly started noticing other flag poles pop up around the neighborhood. We also have several homeowners who have mounts on their porch pillars and other places, which is a great option for those who can't have or don't want a flag pole.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I often think about that. December 7th people sat by their radios all day hoping for news, any news. 9/11 we were watching it unfold on TV as it happened.
LTG

I concur with that sentiment. Personally, I make it a point every year on 9/11 to watch the specials and recollections of what happened on that day. The emotions still stir, and I never want the evil that occurred on that day to leave me. It is an annual reminder of to me of the importance and value of American freedom, and how much of the world wants to destroy it.

I still remember going to New York City in early December after 9/11. Smoke was still billowing from ground zero, thousands of makeshift memorials surrounded the perimeter, and all of the posters and signs asking if anyone has seen their missing loved ones was truly surreal. I cannot put into words the indelible thoughts and feelings imprinted on me due to that experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remembrance-of-9-11?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.