(Topic ID: 208112)

Remembering The Silverball Podcast

By jar155

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobCraig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

jar155 and anyone else who digs up The Silverball Podcast Archives ...
    Thank you for remember our show! It was 2 guys hanging out and trying hard to stay on topic (very difficult) and cover the mass amount of topics I plugged into each episode. Losing Steve to cancer was a major blow to everything I was doing at the time. The podcast, the pinball show, pinball in general ... near the end of the shows running, we were burned out on doing podcasts, our pinball show, answering tons of 'help me' questions from others ... and just wanted to get back to enjoying pinball playing with friends and restoring a game here and there. It was a nice break. And soon after he got sick and passed away quickly. My fondest memories are those slap-happy moments when he would get me laughing hysterically over his corny jokes, or the times we went back to a specific year and brought together our independent research to compare, and the stories we told each other both on and off air about those times. I'm thankful that those times were captured and can be re-lived, almost as if he was still here. Over the years many people came to us at shows or e-mailed with compliments. The common theme was that they felt like they were hanging out with us while we were talking - like we were in the car, shop, wherever .. with the listener. That was a wonderful feeling. People knew that our content wouldn't get too adult, no one would curse, and their kids were safe hearing the show in the background. It's no surprise that most of the younger pinball peeps would not connect well with The Silverball Podcast. We did the show for people like us who lived through the arcade era and grew up in the late 70's and early 80's. And when things connected in those ways for the listeners - it sometimes became a powerful moment.

As for the archive ...my godaddy hosting account fees were due and I didn't feel the interest was still around for the archive of the podcast to justify dropping nearly $400 for 2 more years. silverballpodcast.com and popbumper.com (the archive of my Gameroom Magazine articles) are no longer out there. If someone wants to host, I could provide the files. If I get time this summer, I might put together a site that hosts all of this material and more from the past. But that may never happen ...

Thanks again for remembering the show and Steve.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobCraig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remembering-the-silverball-podcast?tu=RobCraig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.