(Topic ID: 304403)

Remembering and mourning my friend…..Rest In Peace Nick…

By skyrex

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 2 years ago

There are days when the world dims and air feels like it is drawn out of the room. You hear words and their effect on you is instantaneous. At once you are in grief, disbelief and overwhelmed by sadness. That is how I felt today when I learned my friend Nick passed away. We met through pinball but bonded about life. He came to my home over 10 years ago for a repair. And over the years that followed we became friends. He wasn’t just a source for a new game or help with a machine. He was someone who my wife and I would chat with about pop culture and life. My wife would bake him treats whenever he came to the house to show we appreciated not only his skill but his friendship. He was always available and made time for us. There are so many great experiences we had with him that we can’t choose one. I will say this. He was a unique man. Quirky at times, fun, sarcastic and best of all caring. We had a friendship that started through pinball but then moved like all great friendships do onto what’s important……life. Talking about the people who were important to us, the experiences that molded us, the things beyond the hobby that make life so amazing. Don’t take it for granted. Think of your friends and loved ones and try to remember that each day is a gift. I am grateful for the time we shared. Rest In Peace Nick. You will be missed.

#2 2 years ago

I'm sorry you lost a friend. They don't come easy.

LTG : (

1 week later
#3 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss and Nick sounded like a real nice guy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remembering-and-mourning-my-friendrest-in-peace-nick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.