Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2467EC67-278E-4323-808D-130F220AB350 (resized).jpeg
    00102FC6-F070-459D-9F12-C69357222FB8 (resized).png
    E8F435A0-E13D-4CB3-91F5-D2EDD53FC21F (resized).jpeg
    9d0d954784a2e772a0dee4f2ca82eae5 (resized).jpg
    bang2 (resized).jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 4 years ago

The guy in the cube next to me still texts using a T9 phone....jesus it's so goddamn annoying when I can hear it

I for sure still download music, I didn't think that's that old school.

#3 4 years ago

I recall playing outside... last night.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I recall playing outside... last night.

Odin, who is your avatar? Some reason it reminds me of Billy from a Twilight Zone episode...

#5 4 years ago

It's Billy alright, but not from the Twilight Zone. Care to guess?

#6 4 years ago

I believe that's from an Alfred Hitchcock presents, although I don't know the episode name. I recall the kid thinks it's a toy gun but it's his dad's real revolver. Definitely Bill Mumy. Nicest guy in the universe. Has the funniest Jonathan Harris stories I have ever heard.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's Billy alright, but not from the Twilight Zone. Care to guess?

No idea other than what rdoyle mentioned.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe that's from an Alfred Hitchcock presents, although I don't know the episode name. I recall the kid thinks it's a toy gun but it's his dad's real revolver

Yep, it's called "Bang You're Dead" and served as a public service announcement about handgun safety in regards to children.

Must have been a real shocker in it's day.

bang2 (resized).jpgbang2 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

A lot of the stuff on this list is stuff I still do from time to time. Sometimes you still have to burn a cd or dvd, I still download music although not as often and never with limewire. It's been a while but you can still go buy a cd, and you can still use the headphones at the record store.

#10 4 years ago

Geez, some of those ones in the list got me right in the feels. The Last one OMG. killed me. The Gameboy one made me laugh out loud IRL.

I do some of the other ones occasionally - I DO like printing directions out. My wife thinks i'm crazy. "Why don't you use WAZE?!" then her phone dies.

#11 4 years ago

I still have a landline and have never owned a cell phone.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Geez, some of those ones in the list got me right in the feels. The Last one OMG. killed me. The Gameboy one made me laugh out loud IRL.
    I do some of the other ones occasionally - I DO like printing directions out. My wife thinks i'm crazy. "Why don't you use WAZE?!" then her phone dies.

I like writing down directions, just a list of highway numbers usually, just in case.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

I like writing down directions, just a list of highway numbers usually, just in case.

Same here , I would write out the mapquest directions. Not sure why ???

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

GTFO

#15 4 years ago

I also write down directions.

#16 4 years ago

I did about half of these things in the last week, now get off my lawn while I yell at the clouds.

#17 4 years ago

Not on there, but I still write out checks and mail them in envelopes.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not on there, but I still write out checks and mail them in envelopes.

well how else do you pay for parts from Pinball Resource?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

but I still write out checks and mail them in envelopes.

as does every PBR customer!

#20 4 years ago

REMEMBER WHEN YOU DID THIS?

Buying used games cheap: Picking up/buying most EM games for under $100 and most WPC Bally/Williams used games were under $800.

#21 4 years ago

But do y'all still do this?

9d0d954784a2e772a0dee4f2ca82eae5 (resized).jpg9d0d954784a2e772a0dee4f2ca82eae5 (resized).jpg
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But do y'all still do this?[quoted image]

I mean we'd call that a girls bike out here so not exactly the same but close.

#23 4 years ago

I remember making popcorn & melting butter before this came on

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I remember making popcorn & melting butter before this came on

Especially chilled by the creepy extra finger!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep, it's called "Bang You're Dead" and served as a public service announcement about handgun safety in regards to children.
    Must have been a real shocker in it's day.[quoted image]

Now I know how he got that part in Lost In Space, at gunpoint!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean we'd call that a girls bike out here so not exactly the same but close.

A high rise handlebar and banana seat do not make a bike a girl's, that was the style in the late 60s & the 70s. I wish I still had mine, with flecked green metallic paint and rear racing slick!

#27 4 years ago

I watch those old Alfred Hitchcock presents if I'm up real late. Comes on after Twilight Zone. Rarely are they as good. But there are quite a few gems like the one Peter Lorre bets Steve McQueen his car for a finger.

#28 4 years ago

I remember changing batteries on my Game Boy. I think it was 4pm, yesterday. Was showing it to my kid for the first time

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

A high rise handlebar and banana seat do not make a bike a girl's....

Yes I know when you old guys grew up it was more of a don't ask don't tell thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

#30 4 years ago

At least we didn't ride bikes colored like some j-pop game.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was pretty much forced by peer pressure to get a cell phone to send text messages. I thought cell phones would be a fad. I still refuse to turn on the "data" button. Some invisible person always wants to update some app or add some feature that I don't need or want. My friends told me that I was living in 1976 before I got a cell phone and I just laughed at them, but I did get a flip phone. Sometimes I wish I had not purchased it.

#32 4 years ago

If I cringe almost everytime the phone rings at home, especially when I answer it, why the hell would I want to carry one with me?

#33 4 years ago

1) I burned a DVD last week. Still do CDs once in a while, but usually it's easier to use a memory stick
    2) I only have a land line. Never owned a cell phone
    3) Took the package off a CD about 3 months ago
    4) Printed out mapquest directions in October
    5) Drank out of the hose last summer
    6) Played outside Sunday

#34 4 years ago

When I was a kid I cut the grass with one of these for awhile. I was super excited when my dad finally got a gas mower and couldn’t wait to use it. I would lay money down that kids don’t get excited over mowers these days

E8F435A0-E13D-4CB3-91F5-D2EDD53FC21F (resized).jpegE8F435A0-E13D-4CB3-91F5-D2EDD53FC21F (resized).jpeg
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

When I was a kid I cut the grass with one of these for awhile. I was super excited when my dad finally got a gas mower and couldn’t wait to use it. I would lay money down that kids don’t get excited over mowers these days[quoted image]

My neighbor is like 85 y/o and still kicks it what that shit, dude is a beast.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My neighbor is like 85 y/o and still kicks it what that shit, dude is a beast.

Honestly I wish I still had one. They are actually great for quick touch ups between weekly cuts as long as you keep the blades sharp. Also, get off my lawn!!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

When I was a kid I cut the grass with one of these for awhile. I was super excited when my dad finally got a gas mower and couldn’t wait to use it. I would lay money down that kids don’t get excited over mowers these days[quoted image]

I mowed grass for money as a kid with a push mower. My dad refused to buy a self propelled lawn mower. Now, I own a riding lawn mower and I refuse to ever push a mower again...

#38 4 years ago

The changing battery on Gameboy was a dumb one. May as well said played my NES for the last time. I'm constantly changing or charging batteries for controllers/tablets. AA/AAA batteries are still here.

#39 4 years ago

The last time you rubbed one out to National Geographic or your mom’s Cosmopolitan magazine. What?

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

My late Dad had a semi-automatic sharpener for those types of lawn mowers. Made in Lindsey, Ohio.

#41 4 years ago

I can remember going down the road with a beer and not worrying about a thing.

#42 4 years ago

Technically, it was Lorre’s wife’s car... great episode.

Quoted from o-din:

I watch those old Alfred Hitchcock presents if I'm up real late. Comes on after Twilight Zone. Rarely are they as good. But there are quite a few gems like the one Peter Lorre bets Steve McQueen his car for a finger.

#43 4 years ago

I still watch shows like this...

00102FC6-F070-459D-9F12-C69357222FB8 (resized).png00102FC6-F070-459D-9F12-C69357222FB8 (resized).png
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And that story was told again in a "Tales from the Unexpected" episode, hosted by Roald Dahl (who wrote the original story!)

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I would lay money down that kids don’t get excited over mowers these days

I'd almost bet most have never seen a lawn mower up close other than on a commercial.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

We have 2 of those mowers at our camp. Last summer my boys (5 and 7 years old) hounded me to get them out so they could use them. Blades haven't been sharpened in maybe forever, so it was tough for them to use, but they loved it. You can mail the check and make it payable to cash, thanks.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

A high rise handlebar and banana seat do not make a bike a girl's, that was the style in the late 60s & the 70s. I wish I still had mine, with flecked green metallic paint and rear racing slick!

I think you're right, it's the lower crossbar ("stepover") from the neck to the vertical seat support (or lack thereof) that signifies a girls bike. They were designed that way back in the 1800s when women wore dresses, so it wouldn't show too much leg when they hopped on.

Mine had blue flecked metallic paint - damn I loved that bike! I can still remember seeing it for the first time on my birthday - thanks again dad!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

well how else do you pay for parts from Pinball Resource?

I use Bill pay thru my bank, they write the check, not me.

#49 4 years ago

I just get a money order for Steve.

#50 4 years ago
    2467EC67-278E-4323-808D-130F220AB350 (resized).jpeg2467EC67-278E-4323-808D-130F220AB350 (resized).jpeg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remember-when-you-did-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.