(Topic ID: 249979)

Remember when Kwai Chang Caine never lost?

By o-din

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD49CC53-0C80-4405-8713-6178EA13FB26 (resized).jpeg
SplendidChiefGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif
#1 4 years ago

I do

#2 4 years ago

Grasshopper kicked some serious ass.

#3 4 years ago

#4 4 years ago
SplendidChiefGoldfinch-size_restricted.gifSplendidChiefGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif
#5 4 years ago

I just watched the whole series bout 3 weeks back on my fire stick.

#6 4 years ago

I was in military school and we watched it in the dormitory religiously. No pun intended. I think there was an episode where Grasshopper helped deliver a baby, and the old nun said "Kung Fu Fu Fu!"

#7 4 years ago

Man did I love this show when I was a kid!! So great at the end of the show when the final big fight scene was coming Grasshopper would pull out his silk Kung Fu suit and beat the crap out of everybody.
CD49CC53-0C80-4405-8713-6178EA13FB26 (resized).jpegCD49CC53-0C80-4405-8713-6178EA13FB26 (resized).jpeg

#8 4 years ago

I just find it a little disheartening that later in life he had to lose to not only Chuck Norris, but also in Kill Bill.

I watched the Legend Continues in the 90s as well and liked it very much.

#9 4 years ago

Was my absolute favourite show on TV when i was a kid. Always wanted those scars as tattoos.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Always wanted those scars as tattoos.

I always thought he was lucky that it was winter and not summer when he finished his training.

#12 4 years ago

I always liked this show, watched it with my uncles when I was a kid. Most of the beach or coastal scenes were filmed by my moms house in Malibu, and I believe the lake/bridge scenes with master Kahn were filmed in the Malibu hills near the set for MASH.

A few years ago I was at Costco and they had the dvd box set with all 4-5 seasons and I grabbed it to share with my daughter.

Fun facts: The mute character Sunny Jim was David carridean’s real life brother, and the preacher whose name I can’t recall was his real life father. Other stars made cameo and costar appearances like don johnson and others.

#13 4 years ago

I heard that the role was made for Bruce Lee, then the network decided not to use him. He was pissed.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So great at the end of the show when the final big fight scene was coming Grasshopper would pull out his silk Kung Fu suit and beat the crap out of everybody.

#15 4 years ago

I even had the bubble gum trading cards.

And he will be one of the few we will always remember how he died.

#16 4 years ago

It would be nice to have a Kung Fu series pin.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It would be nice to have a Kung Fu series pin.

Good luck with that! The idea will probably go into the garbage bin like any other theme I might like.

#18 4 years ago

I think there is only be real question here:

What would chuck Norris do?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What would chuck Norris do?

Get his ass kicked

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remember-when-kwai-chang-caine-never-lost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.