(Topic ID: 37819)

Remember to Donate to Pinside

By TigerLaw

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Third Doctor.gif
    Girls_6b8d44_1587925.gif
    cousin-It-bump.jpg
    lingerie-football-bump.jpg
    j8jhv8.gif
    BUMP2.jpg
    tittie-bump-boobs-drunk-demotivational.jpg
    chest-bump-chest-boobs-athletes-demoti.jpg
    16k9p2x.jpg
    thread_bump_2.jpg
    GIF-2-MEGAPAKA--14.gif
    DANCE.gif
    180px-Bump.gif
    38201533_307976_raw.jpg
    gif-tits-eyes-smile-646174.gif
    ZaAKZ.gif
    There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, our parties have been filling up the server with junk. We should get with a mod and help him/her identify those threads and just delete them now that they are dead threads anyway (ie. threads where the party has ended). No reason to let them fill server space and slow down the site.

What?!?!?! Delete my party thread, the best thread of all time!?!?!

I kid. (I do miss the party thread though.) If you all want to delete some stuff to clear out server space and Robin is good with that, I will gladly take a list/suggestions and do it. Just let me know.

Robin- what do you think?

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

What?!?!?! Delete my party thread, the best thread of all time!?!?!
    I kid. (I do miss the party thread though.) If you all want to delete some stuff to clear out server space and Robin is good with that, I will gladly take a list/suggestions and do it. Just let me know.
    Robin- what do you think?

I'd hate to see that thread go . . . in the four or five years I've been on Pinside I've never started a thread that saw that much action!!! And there were some gifs in that thread I still want to save to my hard drive.

I think there are some other party threads we could probably delete though; like RobT's 100k karma party. He wouldn't mind. On Monday I will go through some of the threads and make some suggestions like that one; there are probably three or four threads we could delete that are long dead that may make a small difference. Then again, I don't know much about the servers Robin is using so those threads may really just be a drop in the bucket and not causing any issues at all. Actually, right now, pinside is running really really well and fast for me; better than it has all year.

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, right now, pinside is running really really well and fast for me; better than it has all year.

During the day it seems to lag but at night its pretty good. Donate away!!!!!

#154 10 years ago

Hey thanks everyone for donating and for occasionally bumping the thread. Keep in mind that donating is not required to use the Pinside. There are many ways to help, for example: do some tech support, help people with their machine_x vs machine_y questions, price checks, or occasionally click on the "show topics with no replies" link in the upper right of the forum home page list ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/no-replies ) to make sure everyone's questions get answered. It's all good!

As for the images. The small images (250K-500K) are not a big deal, so don't worry about that. We still have plenty of disk space since the last upgrade. But please don't post multi-megabyte images UNLESS a big image is needed (for example, an image as part of tech help that needs to have much detail).

Thanks!

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

occasionally click on the "show topics with no replies" link in the upper right of the forum home page list ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/no-replies )

Thanks Robin, never noticed that link before, will do!

#156 10 years ago

Time for a Sunday afternoon bump.

DanceyBump.gifDanceyBump.gif

#157 10 years ago

The thread that wont die!

bump-girl.jpgbump-girl.jpg

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Now that is one kick butt bump! Best one in the thread!

#159 10 years ago

And another just cause...

NB.jpgNB.jpg

#160 10 years ago

And another just cause...

Talk about some epic bumping!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
    #161 10 years ago

Just sold another game thanks to Pinside - Bump!

#162 10 years ago

Keepin it alive

BUMP.jpgBUMP.jpg

#163 10 years ago

I donated $20.00 May 28th , and still i dont have a donation heart by my name. Whats up!

#164 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I donated $20.00 May 28th , and still i dont have a donation heart by my name. Whats up!

You got a heart on now

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

New server coming soon! Donations are appreciated at this point!

Time to step it up a notch guys.

#166 10 years ago

I hovered over my profile this weekend, noticed I hadn't donated in 417 days, so I threw some bucks over.

1 week later
    #167 10 years ago

Time to step it up a notch guys.

Agreed. Epic bump! Let's get those new servers and get back to the speed we were at six months ago before the traffic here really went wild.

1 week later
    #168 10 years ago

Ka-bump.

packcelebratex-large.jpgpackcelebratex-large.jpg

#169 10 years ago

Bump of the day right there. Let's het them new servers.

#170 10 years ago

I donated last month when the site was moving super slow, but it still says I last donated in January. Is it supposed to automatically change or something? It's not a big deal, but it helps remind me of how long it's been.
    Either way, Bump!

#171 10 years ago

Bump for a good cause!

#172 10 years ago

// Error: Image 115355 not found //

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

I donated but no heart.
    but no worries maybe I'll get it next month with that donation.

Same here. No heart. Used the 'contact us' link to report the problem about a week ago. Help!

#174 10 years ago

How much do you guys usually donate? I am new to the site.

#175 10 years ago

Robin checks this thread and is currently working on the servers, so your heart should show up pretty fast.

Some people donate a few dollars, some donate much more. Some donate time and information. It is all personal preference and nothing is required or mandatory, but everything is apprecited.

I personally do a small monthly donation and then moderate an average of 3-4 hours a day these days.

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from MMwish:

How much do you guys usually donate? I am new to the site.

Different for everyone. Consider your own financial condition and how much pinside has helped you (or if it has saved you money). If you are unable to donate money consider donating time and skill by helping other pinsiders with technical questions and constructive posts.

Welcome to pinside by the way.

#177 10 years ago

Just a reminder, you can donate in the name of someone else too, and they will get the heart and credit for the donation. If you do that make sure you pm Robin (don't just say so in this thread) and let him know who you are donating in the name of.

If someone has been exceedingly helpful to you in some way, and doesn't have a heart, consider making a small donation in their name.

#178 10 years ago

I'm on here daily reading stuff.
    I don't know where my current pinball knowledge would be without the experience of all the other pinsiders but I do know it would be a lot less than what I have now as a result of this forum.

I set up my donation (monthly) yesterday.

Much appreciated Pinside!
    Keep up the great content...

#179 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tkaye:

I set up my donation (monthly) yesterday.

Robin will check this thread and give you a heart in the next couple days I am sure. Thanks for the monthly donation. I need to switch to that as well.

#180 10 years ago

Keeping it alive...

8312111614bump.jpg8312111614bump.jpg

#182 10 years ago

Keeping it alive...

keep those bumps coming

#183 10 years ago

Still no heart for me.

#184 10 years ago

Still no heart for me.

You got one now!!!

OMO_Have_A_Heart_Smurf.jpgOMO_Have_A_Heart_Smurf.jpg

#186 10 years ago

* I've met 33% of my sellers through Pinside (3 of 9.)
    * I've gotten MOST my fix-it assistance through the Pinside community.
    ...Easiest well-deserved automatic monthly donation I've ever set up, and I'm not one to splash around.

My GF runs a forum site for a big 80's band, and pays for it all herself at a loss, I've seen the web-hosting receipts... Not to mention the time required to moderate and respond to emails and update the site. Just like pinball, it's a hobby of passion for her. I wish she'd at least break-even on it...

Does Pinside assist your buying/selling/decision-making/repairs, etc...
    Can you DONATE *something* monthly?

<3
    -mof

#187 10 years ago

Bump! a04e7cb47b.gifa04e7cb47b.gif

#188 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

* I've met 33% of my sellers through Pinside (3 of 9.)
    * I've gotten MOST my fix-it assistance through the Pinside community.
    ...Easiest well-deserved automatic monthly donation I've ever set up, and I'm not one to splash around.
    My GF runs a forum site for a big 80's band, and pays for it all herself at a loss, I've seen the web-hosting receipts... Not to mention the time required to moderate and respond to emails and update the site. Just like pinball, it's a hobby of passion for her. I wish she'd at least break-even on it...
    Does Pinside assist your buying/selling/decision-making/repairs, etc...
    Can you DONATE *something* monthly?
    <3
    -mof

Just bumping so Robin sees to add a heart to you. Thanks for the monthly donation! Helps Robin immensely.

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just bumping so Robin sees to add a heart to you. Thanks for the monthly donation! Helps Robin immensely.

Cool thanks, I thought I already had one, must have fallen off... weak adhesive.
    -mof

#190 10 years ago

Yearly donation comin' at ya!

I don't own a pin yet but I love pinside and I know that the info I have learned will save me at least a grand on my first pin.

Love that Bump!

#191 10 years ago

Hump day bump!

ZaAKZ.gifZaAKZ.gif

Donate here! http://pinside.com/pinball/donate

#192 10 years ago

Let me know when these get old...

gif-tits-eyes-smile-646174.gifgif-tits-eyes-smile-646174.gif

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Still no heart for me.

Did my annual donation and my heart has not turned back to red yet.
    Grey heart... and with that comment I become a Senior Pinhead.

#194 10 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Did my annual donation

38201533_307976_raw.jpg38201533_307976_raw.jpg

#195 10 years ago

Let's see if my heart shows up. Donated a few weeks back. Love the site and willing to contribute you keep it going!

#196 10 years ago

I donated a few months ago and still have the gray heart that says I haven't donated in over a year...

#197 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Let's see if my heart shows up. Donated a few weeks back. Love the site and willing to contribute you keep it going!

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I donated a few months ago and still have the gray heart that says I haven't donated in over a year...

Hey tigerlaw, any help here now that you've attained moderator status?

#198 10 years ago

No reminder needed. Please don't tell me how to spend my money.

#199 10 years ago

I made a donation yesterday - I'm not talking hostile takeover attempt for 51% shares size donation or anything - but no sign of heart, is it supposed to automatically appear right away or does it wait for a manual action from Robin/mod?

PayPal email after my payment said that pinside had to accept the transaction, does this cause the delay in heart activation?

Great site and entertainment value, well worth a donation IMHO

Cheers. Mark.

#200 10 years ago

Thanks for the support! If you heart does not appear, this most often happens due to Paypal e-mail and Pinside e-mail not matching. Simply PM me and I will verify it manually. Thanks!

There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remember-to-donate-to-pinside/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.