(Topic ID: 237091)

Remakes - Fish Tales, Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot, lesser titles?

By ovfdfireman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180719_184651875 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I am curious do you guys think there is a market for the lower cost titles? I think of the titles above because they are often times difficult to find in excellent shape. Pricing seems to be jumping up on these more than ever and condition is OK at best. Personally would happily pay $5999 for any of these titles “brand new” especially with all the toys and features found inside these machines. To today’s standards these games are loaded and $5999 is more than fair IMO. Thoughts? What title would you want?

Disclaimer: I am not here to debate remakes, and not speculating any of these titles being remade. I have no idea, but certainly hope they consider it.

#2 5 years ago

I think Funhouse would do really well at $6k.

#3 5 years ago

With today's costs to manufacture, I wouldn't hold high hopes- at least, not for many years.
Think, at least a decade and a half..

There's a list a mile long of titles that are way more expensive that CGC is expected to take on before anything else:

Cactus Canyon
BBB
Cirqus Voltaire
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Scared Stiff
The Addams Family*

*plenty TAF out there but most are now beaters/plus an LE TAF Gold would be HUGE.

#4 5 years ago

I agree, I wonder if they will deviate from WPC 95. They have everything done as far as cabinets, panels, light tubs, LCD display, etc. So that’s the path of least resistance to make these https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mpu=11

Or even WPC titles like Fishtales would not be to difficult. going to system 11, with alpha numeric might be a significant under taking....

#5 5 years ago

If they can produce system 11s for 3500 or less, there’s a market.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If they can produce system 11s for 3500 or less, there’s a market.

I think that number is a little low. You could easily sell a brand new Funhouse for $5k or $6k.
I'm more curious as to what people would pay for a brand new Centaur and Fathom.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm more curious as to what people would pay for a brand new Centaur and Fathom.

I would think comparable to TNA?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I would think comparable to TNA?

I would much rather have a brand new Fathom or Centaur remake than TNA (jmo mind you) but a nice new funhouse or BOP I'm in for that 2.

#9 5 years ago

No new pin is going to be $3500 ever unless one of those zizzle stripped down home pins. I totally agree funhouse would rock at current pricing. $6000 for classic and $7000ish for premium with nicer cosmetics. I would be seriously interested since hard to find a decent used one for reasonable price.

Fish Tales or Pinbot would be a no. I'm a big fan of FT but you can still find those fairly cheap and easily in decent shape. I do think 80's classics like Centaur, Fathom, and Flash Gordon would do very well. I don't have a big interest in those but I know a lot of others do. Even those that already own those games might like to upgrade to a brand new game with clear coated pf. Would emulating games that old be more difficult?

#10 5 years ago

Here's an essentially new BoP.
Resto documented here on Pinside (2018 BoP Resto).
For sale - $5750

IMG_20180719_184651875 (resized).jpgIMG_20180719_184651875 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

Funhouse 2.0 With DMD would easily fetch 5-6K.

#12 5 years ago

I'd be in for a BoP remake - have never had the opportunity to buy one.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

No new pin is going to be $3500 ever unless one of those zizzle stripped down home pins. I totally agree funhouse would rock at current pricing. $6000 for classic and $7000ish for premium with nicer cosmetics. I would be seriously interested since hard to find a decent used one for reasonable price.
?

Who is going to buy a FH for 6000-7000 when they can get something newer, like a stern or JJP with deep rules, way more shit going on, etc??

FH is overrated as is.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Who is going to buy a FH for 6000-7000 when they can get something newer, like a stern or JJP with deep rules, way more shit going on, etc??
FH is overrated as is.

You can´t compare a Classic game to any new game. Its like old cars, you cant compare them to this new shit.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

FH is overrated as is.

Deep rules are overrated. Not everyone wants a game that has complicated rules and the same fan layout.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

You can´t compare a Classic game to any new game. Its like old cars, you cant compare them to this new shit.

It's all subjective.

Personally I'd take an ac/dc over a FH all day every day.

#17 5 years ago

What about a conversion kit? Playfield , mpu and sound board and a translite.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

What about a conversion kit? Playfield , mpu and sound board and a translite.

That's a brilliant idea!

1 week later
#19 5 years ago

It would be interesting, I have a FH with a Mirco playfield, new ramps, many new parts and a new led display . If the cab was perfect it would be pretty much brand new. It’s a great pin but not very deep. I’m sure they would sell well new. The FH pins continue to increase in price

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

It would be interesting, I have a FH with a Mirco playfield, new ramps, many new parts and a new led display . If the cab was perfect it would be pretty much brand new. It’s a great pin but not very deep. I’m sure they would sell well new. The FH pins continue to increase in price

I agree and think it would be a great remake! I would buy one for myself for sure.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I agree and think it would be a great remake! I would buy one for myself for sure.

Now imagine if FH 2.0 came to life as well ! Rudy would be very happy about that !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remakes-fish-tales-funhouse-bride-of-pinbot-lesser-titels?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.