Mid (resized).JPG
IMG_2539 (resized).JPG
IMG_2538 (resized).JPG
IMG_2544 (resized).JPG
IMG_2543 (resized).JPG
IMG_2541 (resized).JPG
IMG_2542 (resized).JPG
IMG_2540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Do your plastics have the art on top or underneath?

#9 2 years ago

Scan at Staples, pay an artist on Fiverr to redraw and print on white sticker paper.

You can cut the plastics yourself or use a laser cutting service.

#12 2 years ago

Some of the fonts look like https://www.linotype.com/651044/futura-pt-family.html or some kind of Futura

The "C" and "G" in particular.

I screenshot the "Sample" text, autotrace it in Inkscape and scale / strectch the letters to size. Sometimes have to draw by hand but not too often.

#15 2 years ago

Futura is not a modern typeface, it was created in 1927. If it was hand-drawn, someone was copying Futura. Useful as a starting point anyways.

Later machines have fonts that look much more refined -- probably using Letraset?

Also wonder whether they could have used one of these?

I've got one, need to try it out one day.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

For sure, I just meant setting the letters with a digital font wouldn't look quite right.

These woodrails definitely have a hand-drawn look to them. When I redrew a 1970 playfield it looked like Letraset -- much more regular and refined certainly.

4 months later
#24 1 year ago

Try using skew to create the italics in A N D -- it doesn't look just like rotated letters

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remake-old-plastics?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.