Mid (resized).JPG
IMG_2539 (resized).JPG
IMG_2538 (resized).JPG
IMG_2544 (resized).JPG
IMG_2543 (resized).JPG
IMG_2541 (resized).JPG
IMG_2542 (resized).JPG
IMG_2540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldPinGuy69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

I did this with a set of Gay Paree plastics. The nice thing about these old Williams plastics is that they are printed on top and the background is white. There is no easy way out. The ones I did just barely fit a standard 8 1/2” x 11” scanner. Scanned them and used old paintbrush software. A lot of detailed work. Once done you can print them on photo quality paper, just make sure the paper is not water marked so it doesn’t show up when back lighted. Attach to new plastic with clear spray adhesive. Overcoat with Triple Thick. You can get the plastic sheets in home improvement stores. They have held up for 15 years.

One more thing to note: these old plastics then to shrink. I rescaled mine a few percent to get the right post spacing again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldPinGuy69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remake-old-plastics?tu=OldPinGuy69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.