Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by AJNada
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

009.JPG
IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
IMG_2516 (resized).JPG
IMG_2518 (resized).JPG
YThf6kl (resized).png
84C9ED79-EC95-4749-9E4A-CD64EF217A22 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
BE57A16A-C913-4939-9BD5-4BE2BB786F62 (resized).jpeg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you have the dimpling issues all figured out that playfield manufacturers can't. Maybe you should call them up and offer your services to them. Who knows, it might make you rich.

Just bizarre. If "Automotive Grade" clear coats don't prevent dings on my (metal) car, how could they possibly prevent dimples on my wood PF?

Having owned many old/new machines, I think PF dimpling and CC chipping has gotten worse over the years, but it's always existed.

For the insanely priced "collectors editions" games that sell for 12-13k, it would be interesting to see a PF made of more exotic hardwoods.

Considering all the Pinside dimple hysteria, seems like a business opportunity for JJP/Stern. They could probably name their price!

snaroff

#52 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you have the dimpling issues all figured out that playfield manufacturers can't. Maybe you should call them up and offer your services to them. Who knows, it might make you rich.

Seems like they got it covered and the memos went out, so you'll have someone to console you when you call as you look at your $7-10K roached egg crate pf. Darn looks like our little old group of 118 pinsiders participating in this thread will miss out on that wonderful experience. lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just bizarre. If "Automotive Grade" clear coats don't prevent dings on my (metal) car, how could they possibly prevent dimples on my wood PF?
Having owned many old/new machines, I think PF dimpling and CC chipping has gotten worse over the years, but it's always existed.
For the insanely priced "collectors editions" games that sell for 12-13k, it would be interesting to see a PF made of more exotic hardwoods.
Considering all the Pinside dimple hysteria, seems like a business opportunity for JJP/Stern. They could probably name their price!
snaroff

I always thought a metal silk screened pf would be awesome! But remember the green recycled plastic pf from a Speak Easy that's pretty cool!

#54 9 months ago

Lots of dimples = lots of fun

#55 9 months ago

So silly. Dimples are great on humans and pinball machines.

#56 9 months ago

OP, clearly the machine is ruined! Sell it to me at a discount.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 239.00
€ 3.70
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 40.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 248.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside