• Latest reply 1 year ago by hoodie75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I have a Williams Dipsy doodle and when I start the game the relays will pull in and not stay energized for the duration needed( say when the ball is in the outhole so it can be kicked out). Looked at all the switches and all seem to function. Score motor switch stacks all open and closed as they should. Machine was a re-import from Germany so it had the 50hz motor and transformer. I’ve replaced the motor with the correct one so it is running the correct rpm’s. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Do you have the transformer primary re-wired for 110 volts?

#3 1 year ago

It’s wired on the 117 volts lug

#4 1 year ago

I'd focus on one circuit. If you start with the outhole circuit, the outhole relay is initially energized by the outhole switch, through a make-break switch at IND C. Then, it should stay energized thorugh the self-hold switch until it drops from the make-break switch at 5A.

You can put the score motor into "service mode" (there is a jones plug you can use to do this) and turn the motor by hand to ensure things are happening at the right time.

#5 1 year ago

A semi-dirty hold switch that is/looks closed can often open briefly with vibration and kill the circuit. I'd check associated relay's hold switch for any relay dropping out early. Make sure it is clean and has enough bias to remain closed.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I'd focus on one circuit. If you start with the outhole circuit, the outhole relay is initially energized by the outhole switch, through a make-break switch at IND C. Then, it should stay energized thorugh the self-hold switch until it drops from the make-break switch at 5A.
You can put the score motor into "service mode" (there is a jones plug you can use to do this) and turn the motor by hand to ensure things are happening at the right time.

Cam 5a is for the 4th player match, does that really control the relay holding during the score motor cycle?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from hoodie75:

Cam 5a is for the 4th player match, does that really control the relay holding during the score motor cycle?

Look at area D-2 on the schematic, there is a ton of stuff that is released through that switch. It's the '5 plays 25c' side of the switch that it is piggy-backing off of I believe.

You'll have to follow the reference for the outhole relay down to that area:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 1 year ago

dr_nybble fir the win!!!!!! Thank you very much I would’ve never thought of checking that cam because I thought I only had to do with the $.25 relay and also The match and since I haven’t set for home use I didn’t care about that. All I Gotta do now is work on the ball index and have it switching players at the end of the ball and everything should be good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/relays-not-holding-in-when-energized-?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.